Sick Day

Shiloh sighed in frustration as she stared at her cursor on the screen. They had stayed home sick for the day, and had hoped it'd give them an opportunity to get some work done. But their brain couldn't form any coherent thoughts, and they didn't want to waste their time.

Her phone rang and she picked it up, smiling when she saw the contact was her girlfriend Lenore. She smiled before answering "Hello,"

"My love!" Lenore exclaimed over the phone "I didn't see you in any of my classes today. I wanted to give you space but when I went to the rainbow union and saw you weren't there I couldn't bare it anymore! Are you alright?"

Shiloh silently cursed herself for forgetting to tell Lenore about her condition "Ugh sorry, I have a cold and took the day off from class. Guess my brains a bit foggy and I forgot to text you."

"You're sick?"

"Yeah but it's fine I-" there was silence over the phone. "Lenore?" No answer. Shiloh realized she'd hung up the phone.

Then there was knock on her door. Shiloh raised a brow and went to answer. "My love!!" Lenore exclaimed once they opened the door. Shiloh could barely process anything before she wrapped her arms around them. "Ohhh, I knew I should've called sooner." She pulled back and examined the room, eyes finding Shilohs opened laptop on their desk. "What are you doing?"

Shiloh blinked still trying to process how she'd gotten here so fast "Homework it's-"

"You're working."

"Well it needs to get done and this seemed like the best time to do it."

Lenore frowned "You shouldn't be working, you're healing!" Shiloh shook her head "It's really not that bad." Lenore's face looked more concerned than it did before, "Just because you can work doesn't mean it's good for you!" She put a hand on Shilohs forehead "You're burning up!"

Shiloh felt that was an exaggeration, but they didn't say anything as Lenore lead them to their bed. Lenore could do anything if she put her mind to it, Shiloh loved her for that, but it also meant once she had an idea it was hard to talk her out of it.

Lenore sat them down on the bed and then went towards her desk to shut her computer. "Don't you have plans today?" Shiloh croaked, and okay, her voice really didn't help her case that she was fine. Lenore waved a hand "Oh please, this is much more important!"

Shiloh felt a little guilty taking up Lenore's time like this, but Lenore seemed firm on her stance of staying, and honestly Shilohs head was really beginning to hurt. Giving in she finally laid down fully in bed. Lenore came over and tucked the covers in. Shiloh sighed "What're you gonna do?" She asked, brain beginning to fog over. Lenore sat next to her on the bed, beginning to play with their hair absentmindedly "don't worry about that, relax love."

With that, Shiloh fell asleep. They woke up an indeterminate amount of time later. They blinked their eyes blearily. Lenore wasn't there anymore, Shiloh couldn't blame her, it was probably boring watching a person sleep.

They sat up and stretched, just then, The door opened and Lenore burst in with a few bags "Oh! You're awake!" She said setting the stuff on Shilohs desk. "How do you feel?" She asked, putting a hand on her forehead again. "Better, still a little groggy though."

Lenore nodded, she still seemed worried "Well, don't fear my love! I went and got supplies." She went to the bag on the desk "Okay well, I wasn't sure what you wanted, but I didn't want to wake you up, so I got you some medicine and..." Lenore listed off more items, seemingly a little frantic. Shiloh nodded along to what she was saying, admittedly her brain was still tired, so they didn't completely take in everything Lenore said.

"Thank you dear," Shiloh responded once Lenore was done, she saw her blush at the petname. They smiled slightly "I'm still tired though, do you want to watch a movie?"

Lenore seemed surprised by that suggestion "Really? Are you sure?" Shiloh nodded "Yeah, you can pick."

Lenore smiled slightly and sat next to her on the bed. Shiloh let her turn on the tv and pick a movie. Lenore didn't make a move to change her position. "Are you sure you're gonna be comfortable sitting like that the whole time?"

Lenore looked back, blush creeping on her cheeks. "Well, I don't want to bother you." Shiloh shrugged "It's not bothering me, well, I guess it could be contagious-" before Shiloh could finish Lenore clambered over and got under the covers. Shiloh chuckled softly wrapping their arms around her. They held each other like that while watching the movie, and suddenly, Shiloh felt a little better.