✯17✯

As the sun began to set on the secluded road, Taehyung and Jungkook reached at the place, nearly at the same time. They stormed out of their cars and stood face to face. Their cars, parked just inches apart, served as a symbolic barrier between them.

The tension in the air was palpable as their emotions reached to a boiling point.

"How are you, taehyung sir?" The words left out from Jungkook's mouth in a soft and formal voice.

"Who are you?" He raised his brow at taehyung's question.

"I'm Jungkook, sir. Didn't you recognize me?"

"No.. who are you?" Taehyung asked, daringly darting him into his eyes. Jungkook chuckled.

"Nobody. But why did you do this to Jimin?"

"That!... Who are you to ask me that?!"

"Sir, after you, It is only me who can inquire about Jimin, who can be concerned about him. Tell me, what mistake he made?" Jungkook, hurt by the accusations and desperate to salvage their relationship, pleaded to Taehyung to listen and understand.

"It's not his mistake. It is your mistake!" Taehyung pointed at him.

"My mistake?"

"Yes!"

"What nonsense are you talking?"

"You think, I am mad? You think, I'm stupid. HOW ARE YOU RELATED TO MY HUSBAND? ARE YOU HIS ELDER BROTHER? HIS YOUNGER BROTHER? HIS COUSIN? UNCLE? HOW ARE YOU RELATED TO HIM??" Unable to control his emotions any longer, he lashed out at Jungkook, accusing him of potentially destroying his marriage.

"Are these the only relationships that exist?" Jungkook was calm and was trying to handle the situation.

"YES, WHAT ELSE? ARE YOU MY NEIGHBOUR? WHY DO YOU WALK INTO MY HOUSE ANYTIME?? TELL ME, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T LIKE YOU, COMING TO MY HOUSE?? HOW MANY TIMES WILL YOU CALL UP ANOTHER MAN'S HUSBAND IN A DAY? FOUR TIMES? EIGHT TIMES? TEN TIMES? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS ME??IN MY PRESENCE, YOU TELL MY HUSBAND THAT YOU WANT A CHILD FOR YOURSELF. YOU'RE A.... YOU'RE A CRIMINAL"

Taehyung's heartache transformed into a fierce anger. His doubts about Jimin's loyalty had driven a wedge between them, and now it seemed that even Jungkook's attempt to mend their broken relationship was falling apart.

"Alright, I'm a criminal but what are you? You're his husband, aren't you? He sleeps with you. He wakes up with you. Don't you trust him?" Jungkook asked, stepping forward. He was behaving respectively till now but now as taehyung had accused Jimin's character, he won't be sitting quite.

He explained that his intentions were never to come between Taehyung and Jimin, but rather to mediate and help them resolve their issues. But all attempts at reasoning fell on deaf ears as the argument escalated, reaching a point of no return.

"No, I don't!" Taehyung replied, bluntly.

"He likes you more than he likes me. He praises you more than he praises me. I'm his husband only for name sake. You should've married him-"

"I'VE HEARD ENOUGH OF YOUR NONSENSE! YOU HAVE A COMPLEX. YOU ARE CHEAP" Jungkook snapped at him as he held taehyung from his collar, fiercely.

"I'M CHEAP?"

"YES, YOU ARE!"

"WAIT A MINUTE.. YOU SAY I HAVE COMPLEX? TAKE THIS, I'VE A COMPLEX? I'M CHEAP? HOLD THIS!" Taehyung freed himself and pulled out the revolver out of his coat, which he had brought with him, handing it to Jungkook. However, Jungkook refused to do so.

"I die every moment because of you. Rather than die every moment, kill me once and for all. Shoot me! Says I've a complex... When you get married, and your husband secretly talks to another man in the middle of the night, then you tell me what complex is" Taehyung said in wobbly voice.

"He talks to me secretly?"

"Yes!"

"HE TALKS TO ME SECRETLY??" Jungkook stepped forward to him, ready to throw hands now. He had enough of controlling.

"SAYS I'VE A COMPLEX"

"YOU DO!"

"I'M CHEAP??"

"YOU ARE"

"SHUT UP! You call me cheap. You won't realize now. You'll realize only after you get married" Taehyung, overwhelmed by a mix of jealousy and distrust abruptly turned and stormed away, his shouts of fury echoing through the secluded place.

"A man, who doesn't trust his loyal husband... you're cheap!" Jungkook shouted as taehyung drove away.

As Taehyung stormed off, his heart raced with anger and jealousy. that consumed him. Left behind, Jungkook stood alone, consumed by a sense of guilt and regret. He never imagined that his efforts to help would lead to such a devastating fallout.

===>

The picture in the hall room came crashing on the ground as a lean black coat was thrown at it, fiercely. Jungkook paced back and forth in frustration and anger towards taehyung.

"There is a limit to being suspicious. Such a renowned man but so narrow minded" He exclaimed as he was mumbling furiously while pacing back and forth, in the hall room of his mansion. Yoongi was also presented there, standing beside the sofa.

"What nonsense he kept talking about me and Jimin! I was controlling myself for Jimin's sake or else, I've had killed him. Let me call Jimin up" He confessed to his manager as he walked towards his phone, dialing Jimin's number.

"Before doubting you, a thought to the fact that you and Jimin-sii are childhood friends" Yoongi said, suddenly.

"What?"

"You two are only friends!"

The realization hit Jungkook, as he put his phone back and walked forward while thinking something, as if he was trying to join the clues and has understood everything.

"Then it's all my fault" he mumbled.

"How is that?"

"Because I used to behave with him after his marriage just the way I used to, when he wasn't married! The same naughty behavior, the same jokes" Jungkook admitted.

"So what? You two are childhood friends" Yoongi spoke, still not understanding what Jungkook meant.

"You know that Jimin and I are childhood friends. I know, Hoseok knows, Jimin knows but taehyung doesn't know. He must be thinking that we're having an affair."

"But there's still no reason to doubt.."

"How would you feel if your partner would be friendly with another man? If my husband would've done something like that, I would've killed him! But taehyung didn't go to that extent" Jungkook said.

"If that's the case, then he should've said on day one that he doesn't approve of your and Jimin-sii's friendship" Yoongi protested.

"How would he? He doesn't even smile and say a 'hello' "

"He ruined Jimin-sii's life because of his suspicions" Yoongi exclaimed, feeling sympathy for Jimin.

"No, he didn't ruin Jimin's life, I did. That too, unknowingly. But if I'm the reason for breaking his house, then I'll help patch them up too!" Determined to make things right, Jungkook vowed to find a way to mend the broken relationship of Taehyung and Jimin.