Chapter 1

In the tapestry of existence, where threads of fate weave the stories of our lives, sometimes the most formidable storms rage not in the external world, but within the chambers of the heart. It is here, amidst the storm of love lost and the thunder of unspoken regrets.

In the towering realm of commerce, where his dominance was unchallenged, a storm raged within the heart of Advik. As the empire he commanded flourished, an insidious storm brewed inside, fueled by the haunting loss of his one true love, Nivedita. He was standing at the glass wall of his office on the topmost floor of his building, grazing the busy roads. Just then, his trance broke by the sound of someone's footsteps, thanks to his extra sensitive hearing abilities, and he ordered " Come in".

The door opened and the person entered. Advik coldly said, "Speak Sanjay" without looking back. If an unknown person encounters him, he would think Advik also has eyes on the back of his head, but Sanjay, who was his assistant or more precisely his shadow knows he can recognize a person with footsteps even behind the walls.

"Sir, Mr. Raj Khanna invited you to the celebration party of your investment in his company."

Advik still facing back to Sanjay said, "Refuse him".

Sanjay hesitated but requested in a low voice, "Sir, Mr. Khanna was a good friend of Vedant sir....". Hearing Vedant's name, Advik's jaw clenched, he turned around and glared at Sanjay. Sanjay's head was bowed down, but he could feel Advik's glare and he cursed himself internally to open his mouth. After some time Advik again looked at him and Sanjay got the clue, he nodded his head and left saying, "Sir, cars will be ready in five minutes."

Sanjay after coming out of Advik's cabin took deep breaths and thanked God for saving him from his boss. Sanjay was the only person who was with Advik from the time when he left Rathore's family. He knew that Advik's love and care were limited only to his mother, brother Vedant, and Nivedita. But all were snatched from him by destiny. That's why he used Vedant's name. He knew his boss would never ignore Vedant's name and it was proved when Advik gestured for him to make preparations for attending the event. Sanjay knew that amid his boss's cold exterior, he concealed the tempest of inner turmoil, a storm born of the profound loss of all his loved ones to death, silently weathering the emotional wreckage within. He wanted Advik to move on from Nivedita, but could not voice out because Advik would bury him alive hearing her name from another man's mouth. He knew Advik's obsession with Nivedita was still limitless even after her death, but Sanjay used his luck to make him ready for the party and succeed. Thinking about all this he reached Advik's private parking lot, where anyone's entry was prohibited besides his escorts and drivers who were on duty. Sanjay ordered the driver and guards to get ready, shared the location with the driver, and ordered the other team to secretly guard the venue for Advik's protection.

Seeing Advik approach him, Sanjay quickly opened the backdoor of the Vengeance SUV for him. After that, he quickly settled in the passenger seat and gestured driver to start the car. The car moved towards its destination flanked by protective escort vehicles, forming a formidable fleet guarding both its front and back sides. They stopped at a traffic signal, Advik rested his head on the headrest, closed his eyes, and entered his memory lane of how he bought a Love Band for Nivedita from this signal when the selling boy asked if he would make his partner wear that band, his partner will start to love him. Advik always believed such things ridiculous, but in the case of Nivedita did not want to take any chance and bought the band. He made Nivedita wear that band and threatened her like always to never remove it, and she did not remove it due to his fear not due to his love. Advik quickly opened his eyes and fisted his palms in helplessness, how much he wished today that he told her about his true emotions behind the band and shown his love to her instead of forcing her. Just then the cars reached their destination. Sanjay opened the door for him and he walked towards the entrance of the hotel in his full glory.