Chapter 5

(The lines that are in italics are entries from Nivedita's diary)

(Next Page)

I do not know how many days, weeks, or perhaps months passed because the bedroom I was in had no clock, the balcony was locked, and the curtains were drawn closed. I could move out of bed but only to the attached bathroom because my feet were bound with a chain. No one was around me; the room door opened only to give me food by robotic maids. But I knew Advik's eyes were on me 24*7 through the room's cameras, which made me cry even more. I wanted to scream, but not in front of him. Throughout my life, I never showed my breakdown to anyone, and I would not grant this reward to him for caging me.

I lost my memory for the second time in my life. The first time it led me to a hotel room with Advik. I cannot remember anything even today about that night, and the second time that landed me in a room reminiscent of a hostile environment, I had been moved out of there, but I am not the same today. All my efforts to dread the single thing to the extent that I hurt myself to stop it went in vain. I again resigned myself to the Devil.

Last time I was unaware of my fault. I am aware of my fault this time, but I do not know when I committed that crime...

All I can recollect is falling in love with my captor, who now only holds hatred and disgust in his eyes for me.

He is not the one who took care of me; he is someone else,

A Pure Tyrant,

I remember he warned me never to tell a lie and betray him. Otherwise, the beast inside him would not be able to stop. And according to him, I did both. In the loneliness of the room, I tried to remember my fault a million times, but each attempt led to a dead end.

I recalled attending Didi's birthday party. She was joyous to see me, energetically greeting guests. Suddenly, she felt pain in her abdomen. I advised her not to overexert herself for the sake of her baby. She requested me to send Merry and Jenny to the kitchen to assist the staff there. Despite my reluctance to let my friends work, seeing my worried expression, they reluctantly left, instructing me like parents to take care of myself and to call them if I needed anything. Instantly, Didi stood to cut the cake. She fed Sahil first and then me a large piece with a cherry. After consuming the cake, I experienced dizziness and uneasiness, eventually leading to unconsciousness. I couldn't recall anything that had transpired during that time but felt like someone had kissed me.

When I regained my senses, my head was going to explode. I opened my eyes and found myself in a bedroom. Upon removing the comforter, I heard the clattering sound of metal and was shocked to discover that,

I was caged in that room.
I was scared. I felt like tears were flowing from my eyes on their own.

There was utter silence around me, like the silence before a storm.
My eyes were swollen, my hair disheveled and my face looked like I did not want to live anymore.

Why did he cage me?

I did not do anything wrong. I wanted to know my crime. Therefore, I skipped my meals. I knew my possessive captor would not tolerate my hunger. And I was right he came but his condition told me I made a mistake by skipping my meals and indirectly calling him. But I had to do it!

He was looking like a relentless Beast, his face and shirt covered in someone's blood. But the moment I looked into his eyes, I felt like they were burning with a fire. He came toward me like a predator and holding my wrist, he jerked me from bed causing me to fall on him. Holding me tightly, he roared, "How dare you betray me!