Chapter 11

As the weight of Ashoke's revelations settled in the room, Rita Maa, understanding the storm brewing in Nivedita's heart, gently embraced her. The warmth of a mother's hug enveloped Nivedita, providing a sanctuary for the tempest of emotions that threatened to overwhelm her. In that tender embrace, Nivedita found solace, the tears she had held back for years now flowing freely.

Clinging to Rita Maa, Nivedita sobbed, her tears telling a tale of sufferings, regrets, misunderstandings, and the heavy burden of guilt. "I misjudged him, Maa. I believed Shreya and doubted him. I was just a mother trying to protect my babies, but I hurt him so badly."

Rita Maa, holding Nivedita closer, whispered words of comfort. "Hush, my dear. It's in the past now. What matters is what you do from here on."

Nivedita, between sobs, continued, "We are even now, Maa. Just like he didn't believe me about Jiju, I didn't trust him and hid the truth about the twins. We are both at fault."

Hours passed, and the living room became a haven for shared pain and healing. When Nivedita finally broke the embrace, Rita Maa lovingly wiped away her tears and, with a tender kiss on her forehead, encouraged her to be strong and focus on the future.

"You cannot change the past, my dear, but you can shape the future. Advik needs his family, and you need him too. The twins, too, need a father who will love and guide them through life. Twins also cannot live in a jungle forever, they have to move out, to face the world, to study, and to win the world. But whatever you decide, we are with you. No matter what happens, we'll support you," Rita Maa assured, her words carrying the weight of maternal love.

Seeing the late hour, Rita Maa suggested rest. Nivedita, acknowledging the exhaustion in her eyes, nodded. As she left, her gaze lingered on Advik's picture in the newspaper, and Ashoke, noticing her silent contemplation, called her over.

Patty her head, Ashoke handed her the newspaper, a gentle smile on his face. "Keep it, my dear. Put it in the cupboard or wherever you like. It's a part of your story."

Nivedita, shyly smiling, took the newspaper and made her way to her room, emotions swirling within her like a tempest.

In the solitude of her room, Nivedita unfolded the newspaper, revealing Advik's face captured in a frozen moment. As she traced the contours of his image, her heart echoed with the emotions she had held back for years. With a sigh, she began to speak to the photograph, her eyes still flowing and her voice a soft murmur in the quiet room.

"Why didn't you ever tell me, Advik?" she questioned, her eyes fixed on the frozen gaze of the man she loved. "You took care of me, protected me, but you never let me take care of you. Why did you keep it a secret?"

Her words carried a mixture of longing and frustration. Nivedita continued, pouring out her heart to the still image before her. "You conquered my heart, Advik. I love you so much, and I'm sorry I failed to fully trust you. Shreya's lies created a rift, and I let her destroy our family."

As she spoke, memories of their moments together flashed in her mind. "In these three years, I've missed everything about you—the warmth of your embrace, the scent of your cologne, your laughter that echoed through our home. My heart still belongs to you, Advik, and it always will."

The room seemed to hold its breath as Nivedita lingered in the emotional confession. With a heavy heart, she contemplated the path ahead. In the midst of her turmoil, she looked up at the starry sky visible through her window.

"Guide me, God," she whispered, her eyes searching the celestial expanse. "Help me make the right decisions for our future. Show me the way back to Advik, and let our love be stronger than the challenges that tore us apart."