Chapter 13

❀❀Two days ago❀❀

(In AR Estates)

On the night after Khanna's party, as Head Maid Savita observed Advik's deteriorating health while he moving from the gym towards his bedroom, she recognized the urgent need for his medication. Desperate to inform Sanjay, she attempted to call him, only to find he was unresponsive. While Sanjay typically accompanied Advik to AR Estates, on this night, not only did he fail to return, but he also refused to answer his phone—an unprecedented occurrence.

(In Base 24)

Sanjay, on other hand, after completing his punishment of continuous four hours boxing against Vikram, was resembling a worn-out punching bag, he stumbled out of the wing, his sweat creating a trail like breadcrumbs. Vikram, still catching his breath but with a mischievous gleam in his eye, playfully snagged Sanjay's arm, smirking like a victorious cat.

Sanjay, resembling a zombie in need of a caffeine fix, shoved Vikram away, his glare enough to wither flowers. However, Vikram, seemingly immune to glares, chuckled playfully, reveling in his friend's misery.

As Sanjay wearily made his way toward the changing rooms, Vikram followed, continuing to enjoy the spectacle. Entering the room, Vikram smirked at Sanjay, who was desperately seeking refuge on a bench. An irked Sanjay shouted, "Get out of here!"

Vikram, seemingly unfazed, laughed and asked, "How are you feeling, my wisdom dispenser friend?" Sanjay, demonstrating his frustration, launched a water bottle at Vikram, who skillfully dodged it with a smirk.

An exasperated Sanjay snapped, "I feel like killing you!" Vikram innocently questioned, "What did I do? Just followed Mr. Rathore's orders and played fair."

Snarling, Sanjay threatened, "Next time, I'll beat you well." Vikram burst into laughter, saying, "After today's lesson, even thinking of a 'next time'? Look at yourself! Have you seen your condition? Take some ice bath and drink this RecoverFizz," and handed him a bottle.

Sanjay, applying medicine to his battered face, scoffed, but his mind was still fixated on helping Advik move on. Vikram again handed him antibiotics, advising, "Relax and don't use your stupid mind again. And never try to make Advik move on. Do not you know how much he still is obsessed with Mrs. Rathore, huh?"

As Sanjay grumbled, Vikram coolly started to leave, but still in good spirits, couldn't resist a final jab, "And you really should consider stand-up comedy with your fighting skills," Vikram joked, earning a glare from Sanjay. Finally he left, Sanjay after taking energy drink and antibiotics tried to take power nap there to sooth his aching muscles.

In the midst of his suffering, Sanjay forgot to notice his buzzing phone, which turned out to be Sweta Aunty's persistent calls.

Next morning, Sanjay, feeling rejuvenated after his power nap, woke up to a barrage of missed calls from Sweta Aunty. Panic set in as he recalled the night's party and Advik's deteriorating condition. Realizing his phone was dead, he hastily put it on charge and rushed through a shower.

Fully dressed and with a charged phone, Sanjay dialed Sweta Aunty, his anxiety growing. She answered on the first ring. Desperate for information, Sanjay asked, "What happened, Miss Sweta? Is Mr. Rathore okay?"

Sweta Aunty filled him in on Advik's condition from the night before and revealed that he hadn't emerged from his room since. Concern etched on Sanjay's face, he assured her he was on his way.

In a race against time, Sanjay drove towards AR Estates, his mind racing with thoughts about what could be wrong. He couldn't shake the feeling that Tina Khanna's toxic remarks at the party had reopened Advik's wounds. In no time, he reached AR Estates and rushed inside, but what he saw left him utterly shocked.