Can't live without

"Kat!" I hear a voice say, "wake up!"

My body starts to shake and I groan and rub my eyes tiredly. Can't I just sleep?

"Kat! Come on dude, wake up."

I smack who ever was talking to me and roll over to my side, wrapping the sheets around me.

Not today Satan.

"Ow! Did you just slap me?!"

I don't reply and shut my eyes tight.

"You wanna go bitch?"

I yawn and stretch my limbs, but don't reply never the less. I just wanted to sleep. Maybe for a couple years.

"Ow!" I yell as I feel a force of pain hit me on the head.

Hit. Hit. Hit. Hit. Hit.

"Ow! What the hell?!" I exclaim, trying to defend myself but the sheets were preventing me to do so.

"I told you to get up!"

I continue getting hit until I finally snapped.

That's it!

I sit up and yank the pillow away from their grip and punch them square in the face.

"Mother fucker!"

I glare bullets until I realise who my attacker was.

"Chelsea?!"

I look at her, crouched on the floor and clutching her nose. I see the tears brim in her eyes and she slowly gets to her feet.

I would feel bad, but no one messes with my beauty sleep. No one.

"No shit asshole" she snaps, glaring at me. "Oh my god I think you broke my nose!"

I give her a flat look. She's so dramatic, "no I didn't. I used exactly enough force to hurt it but not to break it" I say blankly.

She lets go of her red nose and narrows her eyes at me. I smile sheepishly and wince when the sun hits my eyes. I look around and see I was back in her room, what happened?

"You passed out."

I snap my head towards her and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. All of a sudden the memories hit me with full force, causing tears to well up.

Chelsea runs towards me and wraps herself in her sheets and hugs me.

"Shhh its okay. Don't cry Kat." She soothes.

I put my face in my palms and sob quietly.
Monster. He called me a monster. Why does he do this to me? Doesn't he care for me? I thought he... It was probably just a lie.

Everything happens for a reason huh?

"Kat, are you okay?" She asks, looking at me in concern.

No, I'm not okay! And I hate it! I hate how I'm crying over a guy who doesn't give two shits about me! I'm stronger then this! I shouldn't be having a breakdown over him.

I must have said that out loud because Chelsea says
"It'll be okay! I promise you! We'll get through this."

No I won't! No I won't! I'm not going to be okay! I'm not going to be okay! I clutch my head and just let the tears pour. I hate him! He's broken me. I thought I could forgive him for everything. For all the pain he's caused, but no.

What else can you expect from a gang leader?

Think of what he had to go through.

Damn it! Even my subconscious is against me. I know it must have been tough for him. To grow up in such toxic environments, but that doesn't mean he has the right to do what he did.