Death

Death.

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.

I've never been afraid of death. Every soul will taste death. I am not any different.

Life once asked death, "why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded, "because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth".

The truth is, life hurts a lot more than death. And I welcome it with open arms, but when I heard those words "you will die" all I thought was, finally.

I find death comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate life now.

"What?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look at everyone in the room. Their faces were filled with raw emotions. Shock, anger and sadness.

Would it be that bad if I died? We all die in the end. Would it matter if I left?

"You don't look too affected Miss Katrina?"

I look at a smirking Lucinda, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. "How terrible it is to love something that death can touch, isn't it Ryder?"

Ryder.

The man I love. The man who has caused me to shed tears so many times, but also the man who has caused me to laugh and feel emotions I have never felt before.

I anxiously lift my head up to look at Ryder and my heart breaks at the sight of him.

He looked like he was going to be sick. He had let go of my waist and was looking down all limp. Emotion after emotion was flickering through this eyes. He was so still, so quiet.

"Ryder?" I ask, my voice soft and quiet.

It's like my voice snapped him out of his trace and his sick, pale face snapped to mine. His face turns into anger and rage before he storms past me and grabs Ted by the collar.

The boys immediately tense up and I look at Ryder. His face was filled with anger. His veins were sticking out of his arms and his lips were pulled into a sneer.

He was a beast who had just escaped from the wild.

"Give me the dosage" Ryder barks, his voice echoing throughout the whole room.

I clench my fists and look at the floor. It scared me. His weak vulnerable state. Even though he was fuming I could see the shake of his hands.

I don't care if I die, but why am I shivering? Why does the thought of leaving Ryder make me feel so frightened?

Leaving him. All by himself. Leaving everyone alone. Will all the memories I have with everyone disappear?

Ba-dump

I can't,

Ba-dump

Breath.

I fall to the floor in pain and I feel my body shake uncontrollably.