Jamie

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"Mommy! Mommy!"

I turn around and watch a child with long black hair, in pig tails running towards me. Her face was blurry but she was wearing a cute little pink dress.

Her little legs rushing towards me. I smile brightly  and kneel down and wrap my arms around her tiny frame.

I could feel her warmth and her scent made my insides warm and fuzzy.

"Mommy!"

I look up, the little girl still in my arms and see a little boy rushing towards me. His brown hair, shiny in the sunlight.

Again his face was blurred but he was wearing blue overalls and a striped T shirt under it. He ran to me with all his might and I pulled him towards me, the girl still in my arms.

I hug them both tightly and close my eyes. The warmth radiating from both of them was so comforting.

The sun was shining on us and I realised we were in the back yard of the boys mansion. The meadow was filled with little flowers and I was in a long white dress. My hair in a braid, over my shoulder with bits of hair coming out.

"Mommy!"

I look up but the sun was shining so brightly I couldn't tell if the child running towards me was a boy or a girl.

I squint so I could see but then I'm pulled out and staring at the white ceiling above me.

I gasp, my eyes wide and my breathing heavy. I think about what had just happened and replay the images in my head.

What was that?

"Kat?"

I turn my head to the side and see Ryder sitting down at the edge of the bed, looking at me. A pounding sensation hits my head like a ton of bricks and I cup it and groan.

This is worse then my hangovers. And that's saying something since I always drink till I go blind.

"Here."

I peek my eyes open and see in his hands, two pills and a glass of water. I sit up and take them, gratefully.

"Thanks" I sigh and lean against the head rest.

I look down at myself  and see I was in grey sweats and in a white tank top. My hair was disheveled and I was blood free.

"What happened?" I ask groggy, running my fingers through my long knotty hair.

"You passed out" he replies.

I feel my headache start to subside but my body ached, "for how long?"

"A day."

I look at him with wide eyes. I've been asleep for a day?!