Maria

I hit the bag with full force causing my knuckles to bleed some more.

Hit. Hit. Hit. Hit.

"You're going to kill yourself."

I pant heavily and look down at my blistered knuckles.

"They'll heal."

I hit the bag repeatedly and imagine Lucinda's head, causing my nostrils to flare and roundhouse the punching bag, making the chain snap and send it flying across the gym. However, I don't stop there and attack the bag like it was a person.

I straddle it and send my fists it's way, rage and anger ripple throughout my body. I could feel my flesh being torn and my entire hands were starting to coat themselves in my blood.

I feel arms wrap around my torso and yank me away from the now, shredded punching bag.

"Katrina!"

I snap my head towards Nathan and see him looking at me horrified. My gaze softens as I look into his green eyes. I swallow dryly and take a step back. I look at the mirror in the gym and see how crazy I looked.

My hair had fallen out its ponytail, blood was dripping from my hand but that's not the thing that frightened me. It was the snarl on my face and the crazy look in my eyes. I gasp and look at myself in shock, I look at my hands and see the whole surface had been torn off.

My anger is just getting worse. I need to know what's happening so I can fix this. My hands start to shake and I snap my head to my reflection once more. My violet eye stares back at me and I realise it was brighter than usual.

I sigh deeply and clear my mind, I can't let Nathan worry. I turn towards Nathan and give him a reassuring smile.

"I'm okay Nath, I just needed to get my anger out" I lie.

"Kat! You were literally tearing the poor punching bag apart!" He exclaims.

"I have a lot of anger" I chuckle, hoping it would lighten the mood.

"That's not funny."

Obviously not.

I sigh and roll my eyes, putting my acting skills to work.

"Nathan, they'll heal. These are just minor wounds for someone like me" I say in a soft, gentle voice. "Plus I'm dating Ryder, give me some slack" I joke.

He looks at me suspiciously and I give him a winning smile. He eventually sighs and rubs his hand down his face, groaning loudly.

"I hate you" he mumbles.

I wrap my arms around him, giving him a big bear hug making sure not to get any blood on him.
"Love you too" I sing and skip out of the boy's private gym.

When I was absolutely certain no one was around, I drop my fake smile and the cheerfulness act. Letting the worry and fear envelope me.

I let the pain get to me and I grind my teeth in pain. I could already feel my flesh repair itself causing me to hiss and lean my head against the wall.

The bad thing about quick healing? It hurts like a bitch. I can feel my body start to regenerate and I ignore it as I have always done.

I push myself off the wall and take the elevator to the main level, I was too tired to take the stairs.
I roll my shoulders back and feel the sweat start to dry up.

I need a shower.

I make my way to Ryders room walk into his connecting bathroom. I open the door and nearly have a heart attack.