31 - mocks

age: 15
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

Y/N'S POV
I've been stressing for the past week, recently we had our practise exams, which are called our mocks, and personally i think i have done awful on them.

In the past, i've always struggled with school, with numbers, letters, spelling, everything, and these exams counted on my being able to do all of that, and im sure i've messed it all up.

People are telling me that it's just mocks but to me these mocks are really important to me because i want to see what stage i'm at now, it's my last year of school and if i can't do simple things then it's gonna make me feel awful.

We're getting an envelope today with all of our results on them, everyone opened my them in school, and my friends are really smart so i just slid mine in my bag to open at home with my parents.

When i was walking home, i tried not to think about it too much, these aren't my real exams so i don't need to be upset over it, but it's still so embarrassing if i fail anything though because at this point i shouldn't be failing.

I opened the door with a sigh and sort of slammed it shut, clearly gaining the attention of my parents as they shouted my name, i shouted back to them saying i was home and made my way into the kitchen.

"Hi sweet girl, how was your day?" My mom asks as she whisking something together, i walk over to her and scoop some of the chocolate mixture on my finger and take a lick of it.

"Same as every other day. Yours?" Mom replied with the same response as mine, our lives aren't too exciting right now, i place my bag on the table and stare at the envelope sitting inside of it, debating wether to pull it out.

"Mom. I got my mock results back" I say lowly, pulling the paper out my bag and placing it on the table.

Mom turns around quickly, placing her hand over her mouth as she was eating something, she wiped her hands on her apron and rushed over to me, placing her hands on my shoulder and humming.

"Have you opened them up yet?" She asks rubbing my shoulders, i shake my head and look up when dad enters the room.

"I heard you got your mock paper back" He says taking a seat on the chair, i nod my head nervously and fiddle about with the paper in my hands.

"Let's open it in the living room" Mom says taking off her apron and leading me through to the living with dad following behind us, i take a seat in the middle of them, anxiously messing with the envelope.

Slowly, i unfold the top of it and take the folded paper out of it, very slowly, i open up, the first thing i see is a U which means a fail, but it's was history so i'm not too bothered.

Although the further i go down, it doesn't get any better, maths and english was a grade 3 and even science had a grade 2, this was awful, a lot worse than i had thought i'd done.

"I failed" I say letting go of the paper, causing it to fall to the floor, i lean forward and rest my elbows on my knees and bury my head into my hands.

Mom and dad don't say anything, why would they? I failed everything, i'm going to fail my final exams, who would want a daughter like that, i start crying and i cry the hardest i've cried in a long time, my sobs echoing throughout the living room.

"Baby, it's okay" Mom says moving to sit in front of me, she places her hands on my knees, i just shake my head and cry even more, dad places his hand on my back.

"It's just mocks honey, you're okay" Mom says reassuringly, i cant help but keep crying, dad reaches over and pulls me toward him but i go slightly ridged and wriggle away, i pull myself to the back of the sofa.

I crawl to the end and lie down length ways across it, crying into the corner, i smell mom's perfume as as kneels down by the sofa beside me, telling dad to go get me a drink.

"I don't need a drink" I half scream and kick my legs against the cushions, mom just shushes me and strokes my hair, i close my eyes tightly wishing this was all just a dream.

"I failed i cant do it, i failed, i failed" I sob, pushing my head further into the cushion, mom keeps stroking my hair before standing up and attempting to lift me up, i wriggle in her grip, pushing her shoulder as i cry like a little kid.

"Stop it! Stop it" I sob, mom doesn't say anything and just holds my legs as she spins and sits down on the sofa, holding me on her lap.

Dad comes back with the glass of water but i shake my head and refuse it, mom takes it from him and holds it up to my lips but i push it away with my hand as i let out a sob, mom gives me her stern look and holds it up again.

I finally take a sip of the water that dad got and mom leans forward placing it on the coffee table and uses her sleeve to wipe my lips, i let out a defeated sob and fall against her chest.

"Y/n, these are just mocks, you have 2 more sets before your final exams, i promise you'll only get better" Mom tells me, i lay in her arms, my face sticky and my nose blocked, playing with the back of my hair.

"Me and daddy are proud of you no matter what score you're getting hen, you always make us proud" Mom whispers and kisses my face, i have no energy to speak so i just lay against mom's chest, moving my hand from the back of my head to the back of her head, playing with her hair.

-

ALL THESE SURPRISE SONGS TAYLOR PLAYED IN MELBOURNE ARE INSANE