Arranged.

Scarlett's POV

My door burst open the next day and Tommy Shelby struts inside my room without permission. "Can I help you?" I ask him as he looks me up and down seeing I'm just in my silk black robe. "Get dressed. Something nice. Arthur is waiting downstairs for you." He tells me as I frown at him.

"And where are we going?" I ask him as I stand up, seeing his gaze drop to legs. "You'll see when you get there. Just dress nice, okay?" He says before he turns around and walks out of my room, shutting the door behind him. I sigh as I walk over to my wardrobe, looking through it and I pick out a short black tassel dress.

My hair and makeup is already done so I slip into my dress, grabbing some black heels before I grab my cap and jacket, walking down the stairs. I see Arthur sitting in the kitchen, a glass of whiskey in his hand. "Arthur, can you zip me up?" I ask him as I place my jacket over a chair.

I look at Arthur who looks me up and down in awe making me smirk. "I take it I look good, then?" I ask and he nods as he stands up. "You look fucking amazing, Scar." He compliments making my smirk grow. I brush my hair to the side, turning away from him so my back faces him.

"Are you wearing underwear?" He asks me as I feel his fingers brushing against my back as he does my zipper up. "Maybe, maybe not." I tease as I turn back around, grabbing my jacket. I shrug it on before untucking my hair and placing my cap on top of my head. "Shall we?" I ask and he nods, as we make our way out to his car.

******

Johns POV

"I'm getting what?!" I yell at Tommy as Arthur walks over to us. "John, you need a wife and we need an alliance to end this war with the Lees." Tommy tells me calmly. "Tom, I'm not bloody marrying some fucking mushroom picker." I growl, grabbing onto his collar with my fist, pulling him closer to me. "John boy, come on. Listen. I have already betrothed you. If you back out now there's going to be an mighty war breaking out here. It's going to make the Somme, it will make the Somme look like a fucking tea party." He tells me.

"But if you marry her, our family and the Lee family will be united forever. And this war will be over." He announces. "No it's up to you John. War or peace?" He asks as I nod, snapping my arms out of the men behind me's hold and yell for them to get off. I fix my jacket and take of my Peaky hat before turning around and leading the way into the wedding but all I can think about is Letty. She's gonna be heartbroken.

Scarlett's POV

Tommy stops on my left side and Arthur stops on my right. Tommy looks down at my outfit and I hear him let out a low groan. "Why are we here?" I ask him and Arthur. "Johns getting married." He tells me.

I frown, looking up at him in confusion. "No he's not. Lizzie backed out because of you." I say confused. "I know. I've betrothed him to one of the Lees daughters." He tells me as my face drops. "You're marrying him off to a Lee girl?" I ask lowly and he nods. "Yes. It will help the business and end the war between us." He tells me. "So everyone knew but me?" I ask and he nods.

I suddenly feel like I can't breath and I try to not let my tears that have built up in my eyes flow down my cheeks. Tommy's doing this on fucking purpose. He knows I'm in love with John, I always have been. But I never got in a relationship with him because I had feelings for Tommy. Feelings I'm regretting now.

A woman with a white veil starts to walk down the isle, to the end where John is waiting, kneeling down. "You look good, love." Tommy compliments me but it goes in one ear and out the other. I can't even concentrate right now, I just want to leave.