Alfie Solomon.

Scarlett's POV

"Ahh, Miss Hayes, lovely to see you again." A familiar Irish voice says as I enter the hospital. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask, turning towards inspector Campbell, my hand clutching my pocket knife in my jacket pocket. "You should be thanking me. Your dear lover might not have made it here, had it not been for my sheer generosity. Nice shiner." He smirks, nodding towards the black bruise under my eye.

"Fuck you." I say instead. "I see you haven't changed one bit. And if I may, that offer sounds...enticing." He says looking me up and down. "No, it doesn't. I don't date men old enough to be my grandad." I smirk watching his face drop before I storm off. "Take two rights, skip a turn then turn a left." The inspector calls after me.

Not that I want to, but following his instructions, I end up in an empty ward with only one person in the back corner. I shake my head as I walk over and examine Tommy from head to toe. "You look like shit." I say, sitting in the chair that's placed beside his bed, groaning as I hold my bruised ribs. "Thanks." He groans with his eyes closed.

"What does Campbell want?" I question him. "Irish business. Blackmail. It'll be fine." He says, waving me off. "Letts, I need to get to London." He tells me. "Not fucking now you can't. Who did this to you?" I ask him firmly. "Sabini. Annoyed we smashed up his club." He groans before he finally opens his eyes and looks at me. His eyes widen as he sees the bruise under my eye and my busted lip along with my bruised neck.

"Who the fuck did that?" He asks angrily, his fists clenching. "Sabini. He got to me after he got you, I suppose." I say simply and he growls lowly. "Are you okay?" He asks softly and I nod. "Yeah. Why'd do you need to go to London?" I ask changing the subject. "I want to see a baker." He replies. "So you're going to see Alfie Solomons." I say pointedly and he doesn't answer me.

"Tommy, you can't leave this hospital bed. Not until you've healed." I say firmly. "I don't need a fucking lecture. I'm going to London. Here, I'm a sitting fucking duck." He says pushing himself up slightly, but then winces as he did. "Why do you have to be so god damn stubborn?" I ask as I sigh, feeling a headache coming on. "So are you coming?" He asks. "I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." I say firmly. "I need to go. And I need you with me. Please, Letts." He groans, starting to move his legs over the side of the bed.

"Oh fucking hell." I mutter, helping him. "If you're not gonna come with me, then I'm going to fucking London by myself." He tells me. "How you gonna do that? Can't even stand by yourself." I say as I watch him push himself up, wobbling slightly. "What did I ever do to end up with a stubborn friend?" I ask my self, taking a deep breath.

"Alright. But you're a fucking idiot." I tell him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I help him across the ward. "Charming." He scoffs, getting his coat from the hook as I open the door. "How are we getting to London?" I ask, practically dragging him through the hospital. "Boat. Your uncle Charlie's yard." Hu grunts, leaning most of his weight into me.

******

We make it halfway to uncle Charlie's yard when Tommy suddenly stops. "Cigarettes, you have some?" He asks me. "Please don't tell me you're asking for a pit stop to get some." I scoff at him. "Not if you have any." He says and I roll my eyes. "Yes, I fucking have some. Now come on." I tell him and we start walking again.

******

A short while later, we arrive at the yard. "Alright, lean against that wall. Don't move." I tell Tommy, removing his arm from my shoulder. "It's sexy when you're bossy." Tommy tells me as I begin to jimmy the lock on the metal gate and after a few tries, I manage to open the lock and open the gate. "Come on." I say, helping him walk again.