Garrison Reopening.

Scarlett's POV

The door opens and Polly walks in with a large bag under her arm. She walks in silently, glancing between me and Tommy, placing her bag on the table and begins to shuffle through it. She brings out a large, leather bound book and places it on the desk before she sits down opposite Tommy. Polly lights up a cigarette as Tommy opens his drawer and pulls out two files.

"Polly, these are the files for Michael and Anna Gray. As you can see one is white and one is black." Tommy says, shifting uncomfortably. Polly frowns, her eyes clouding with sadness. "What you've been seeing in your dreams was right. Anna is dead." I say, watching as Polly's face sink and she nods sadly, but keeps her tears from falling. Tommy slides the files across the table to her but Polly shakes her head to stop him. "You do it. I can't read it."

Polly stands up as Tommy begins to read. "After Anna was taken from you, she was put with a family railway stationmaster in Stafford. She never settled so she kept running away. She got on a train to Birmingham once. Eventually, they sent her to Australia, where she died of something called the Spring Fever." He explains.

Polly walks over to the globe and begins to spin it before she lands her finger on Australia. "So my little Anna travelled all the way back across the world to be with me in my dreams. She came all by herself. Well, that's one train they couldn't get her off." She says, immersed in her own thoughts. "But Pol, Michael is alive. He's in England. And Tommy knows where he lives." I tell her, staring at Polly as she lets out a happy laugh through her tears.

"I went there." Tommy begins. "But Pol..." her eyes quickly find Tommys, widening. "And?" Polly prompts, placing both hands on top of her head. "Okay, Polly, listen to me. Just listen to me, Pol. The woman that he calls mother will never let him come here." Tommy explains, as Polly reaches over to holds his hands as she laughs happily. "Just tell me where he is, Tommy." She demands. "Polly, if you go there and get mad and she calls the police, they will never let you anywhere near him and the boy will get scared." Tommy explains.

Polly pulls her hands from Tommys and never spares him a glance as she turns to her bag and pulls out a gun, pointing it at Tommy. "You tell me where he is, Thomas!" She demands again. Tommy slams his hands down onto the desk as Polly takes of the safety trigger. "Tell me where he is Thomas!"

"Polly." Tommy says, pushing off the desk to stare at his aunt. "Pulling the gun...pulling the gun is why I can't tell you. Pol, I'm sorry. You're gonna have to wait till he's eighteen. Till he's old enough to make his own decisions." He tells her and Polly sleeps her arm across Tommys desk, wiping his belongings to ground as I sigh. She matches round her desk and points her gun directly at Tommys head.

"If you kill him, you'll never know, Pol." I tell her as she glares at him and raises the gun, firing it into the ceiling before she storms out of the room without another word. "Well, that went well." I say sarcastically as Tommy sighs, rubbing his hands over his face.

******

I step outside the house and see Finn and Arthur talking quietly. "Hey boys." I call and they look at me, a smile coming onto their faces. "Hi, you." Arthur says, pecking my cheek. "You look beautiful, Sis." Finn compliments, holding his hand out for me. I smile at him and take his hand, allowing him to walk me down the Streets of Small Heath, Arthur marching ahead of us. "You look handsome, Finn." I say, watching as his cheeks flush red.

When we arrive at the Garrison, Finn holds the door open for me and I walk in seeing Polly first. She's seems to be in a better mood, hopefully. I follow Arthur to the bar where John stands. He grabs my waist, pulling me closer to him and kisses my neck. "Careful, John boy. Your wife is over there." I say sarcastically and he smirks. "I can do what I want. And I want to touch you." He whispers and I smirk. "You play a dangerous game, Mr Shelby." I say. "You love it, Miss Hayes." He says back, looking into my eyes. "That I do. But I love you more." I say and he smiles. "I love you." He whispers, kissing me softly.