Separate Meetings.

Scarlett's POV

I walk into Tommys office, groaning in pain as he looks up at me. He has dark circles around his eyes, his eyes bloodshot from crying. "You okay?" He asks me as I sit down, waving him off with my hand. "I've been shot before, I'm fine." I tell him and he sighs.

"I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. This is all my fault." He tells me and now I sigh. "Tommy, you didn't know a man was gonna run in and shoot." I tell him but he shakes his head, banging his hands on the table. "It was my fucking fault, Letty!" He yells.

I stand up quickly, ignoring the protest in my stomach as I walk around his desk. I grab his chin, forcing him to look at me. "Tommy Shelby, it was. Not. Your. Fault." I tell him firmly, emphasising my words. "You got shot. Grace got shot. I lost her and I almost lost you." He says sadly.

"I'm sorry about Grace, I really am. But you didn't know this was going to happen, Tommy. Stop blaming yourself and spend some time with your son. He needs his father." I tell him firmly and he nods. "Everyone's in the kitchen. Go and see them." He tells me and I go to walk away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back into him.

He wraps his arms around me gently, burying his head in my neck. I wrap my arms around him, not knowing how to feel as this is the first time he's hugged me in years. "I'm sorry." He whispers in my ear before letting me go, pecking my head. I walk out of his office and walk into the kitchen.

I take a seat beside John, leaning against him as he wraps his arm around me and Polly puts some buttered bread in front of me and I pick at it. Polly scolds me and she hits me on the back of my head as she walks past. "Eat Scarlett. You need your strength and you're losing weight again." She instructs.

I let out a low grumble of curse words making John snigger. Sitting Karl down in front of the fire, Ada walks towards the wooden table. "The thing is we all naturally came in here where the servants eat." She says to us, walking past me and John. "It's nothing to do with politics, Ada. It's fucking freezing in the big room." John tells her, sipping loudly on his tea.

"John, mind you language in front of Karl." Polly scolds him, taking a tray of cheese and moving it to the table. I snigger at this as John looks down at me and smirks playfully. "Ada, we're in the servants quarters because it's where the fucking booze is kept." Arthur exclaims. Polly closes her eyes and throws her hands up into the air in frustration as John stands up and nudges past Arthur. "Arthur, find better words!" Polly tells him.

"Yes." Arthur grumbles. "Eh, Pol? Does swearing in Gypsy count?" I ask her tiredly, a grin on my face as John laughs. Polly walks past John, a large knife in her hand as she glares towards him. "There's no reason for us to be speaking Rocker or Shelta in any case." She spat. Arthur and John let out a loud cheer and I can't contain my laughter as Ada and I share a look. "I'm just saying there is no need!" Polly finishes. "When Esme is drunk, she can't speak fucking English. Even Letty spoke it in her sleep sometimes." John says, winking at me.

Polly's eyes widen as she points the knife at his back. "John!" She exclaims as he picks up a bottle of whiskey. "Fucking right!" Arthur courses, winking at me as I sip on my tea and I chuckle and Finn lets out a laugh. "Here, drink something stronger to wake you up." Arthur mumbles, leaning over and pours some whiskey into my tea. I grin and wink at him.

John goes to walk but Michael enters at the same time causing John to step back. "You dealt with it?" Polly asks him. "Incentives, no threats. Implied consequences without specific reference to physical harm." Michael gables as he pours himself a cup of tea.

"That's why your Michael is the boss. He knows better words, eh Pol?" Arthur spat, staring into his drink. "Since when was I your boss, Arthur?" Michael asks him. "First the boss meets you. Then the workers meet you." John adds, placing his hand on the back of my neck as he glares at Michael. "When did either of you three do a days work?" Finn teases earning a laugh from Ada.