Christmas 1925.

Scarlett's POV

It's been a year since we all escaped death. I've been staying with John and Esme and haven't spoken a word to Tommy. I don't want to. I can't. And it's not just me, everyone is not talking to him apart from Ada. Which I'm not surprised because she didn't almost get fucking hanged.

It's Christmas Eve when Ada's Bentley pulls up. John had been out shooting pheasants as Esme ran around with the kids, and I sat reading a book with my glasses, a glass of whiskey in my hand. I hear the door open but I don't look up when I hear two sets of feet entering the room. "Hello Letty!" Ada greets. I only hum at her as I continue reading.

"Thought we lost you to the Great White way of Broadway." John says, grabbing two glasses as he pours him and Ada a whiskey. "No. Well, this beats Watery Lane, John." Ada beams. "Does it? Here take a seat, I'll grab the kids." John instructs, refilling my glass as I smile cheekily at him, and he grins at me. "No it's alright, I'm not stopping. Just want to drop those presents off for tomorrow. I don't want words on Christmas Eve." Ada says, fixing a photo that hangs on the wall.

"Well it's my house, you're welcome." John replies, sitting down next to me. "It's okay. I'm staying with Polly." Ada informs. "Eh, she's in a bad way." John says, sipping on his whiskey. "I'll bring her to her senses." Ada snaps. "Michaels already tried that." John grumbles, his hand twirling my hair. "I'll get through to her." Ada smiles and I roll my eyes.

"You still coming to the party on New Year's Eve?" John asks in anticipation. "Yeah, who else is going?" Ada asks glancing towards me as I place my book down. "Arthur, Linda." John lists, rolling his eyes when Esme walks into the room. Them two have been on a war path with each other ever since he got out of prison and mostly, it's because Esme is pregnant with a Lee boys baby again. "Hello Esme!" Ada beams as I snort at the look on Esme's face who, clear as day, doesn't want anything to do with Ada. "Who payed for your car and driver, Ada?" Esme asks as me and John share a look.

"Shelby Company Limited." Ada replies stoutly. "Nice car, treats you well, his last little pet." Esme growls as I wince. "Damn." I say lowly as I look between the two woman, wondering if one of them will start swinging for the other. "Look, this visit is meant to be about making things alright." Ada tells her calmly. "John and Letty had ropes around their necks. They shit themselves. They haven't been right since." Esme growls. She's right about that although me and John are alright with each other.

Ada says nothing as she glances at me and John sadly. "Take the cars back to the money!" Esme spat at Ada before she storms off, her heels clicking off the floor. Ada stands in silence for a moment, raising her eyebrows as I sigh. "Well, that was fucking awkward." I say out loud. "Anyways, there's your presents." Ada says awkwardly.

"How's Arthur?" She asks, picking up her hat and gloves. "Uh, for Christmas get him a sowing kit, so he can sow his fucking balls back on." John tells her making me chuckle. Ada only scoffs, grinning slightly as she walks out of the house.

******

Esme had disappeared and John had gone to collect the post. He ventures into the sitting room, his hand shaking as he looks at something then up at me. He hands me a letter with my name on it as I frown and he turns as I take it, making a phone call. I look at Johns pale demeanour before looking down at the envelope in my hand. Ripping it open, I pull out a Christmas card. Opening the card, I feel bile ride up in my stomach.

To Miss Scarlett Hayes
The Gypsy Beauty
Merry Christmas
Signed, Luca Changretta and family.

Then another page adorned with a black hand print. I sigh, as I slump back into my seat. Esme comes storming down and looks at the card before her and John have a screaming match. I block them out as I stare at the wall in silence.

The New York Mafia...

The New York Mafia are coming for us.

******

Johns POV

Letty sits drinking whiskey as I walk in the living room with all my guns on my arms and I begin to put them down on the seat. "Oh, look, it's Father Christmas." She says sarcastically, grinning up at me and I chuckle. "You got a present for me?" She asks seductively, raising her eyebrow at me.

I walk over to her and place my hands on either side of her, trapping her in the chair. I lean down so my lips brush hers. "You bet I do. You got a present for me?" I ask her. "You'll have to undo my dress to find out." She whispers and I smirk, lifting her up before turning us around so she's sitting in my lap.

I grab her dress and pull it open seeing her red laced bra and I groan. I lean toward placing my lips on her chest and kissing all around her soft skin. She moans softly, her hands coming up to grip my hair. I trail my lips up to her neck, feeling the vibrations of her moaning.

"John, fuck me." She moans and I smirk, as her hands move to my trousers and she undoes them before pulling my cock out. I groan at the feel of her hand wrapped around me and I lift her dress all the way up, dropping it on the floor. I grab her panties and rip them as she gasps in shock but her pupils dilate in lust.

I smirk, moving her hand away from me, and I lift her hips, lowering her down onto me as we both groan. She doesn't hold still as she starts moving hastily, her hips rocking against mine. "Fuck." I groan, my hand reaching up to grab her hair, pulling her mouth down to mine. I kiss her hastily, squeezing her thigh with my other hand.

Her hands rip open my shirt and she runs her hands up and down my torso, dragging her nails down. I hiss in pleasure, growling under my breath. "Look at me, Letty." I tell her and her green eyes flash to mine. "You're mine. You will always be mine. Every single part of you is mine. My girl, eh?" I say possessively as she nods, pressing down into me harder.

"I'm yours. I'm yours, John Shelby." She tells me, her words coming out as a moan making me smirk. "Yeah, that's right. My girl. My beautiful fucking girl." I groan placing my lips back on hers feeling my high coming. "I'm gonna cum." She whimpers and I smirk. "Good. Cum for me. Cum for me, Letty." I demand her.

She places her forehead against mine, rocking her hips faster as she starts to clench around me. "I'm cumming. Oh fuck, John, I'm cumming." She moans as her thighs start to shake as she cums. I feel it drip down onto my cock making me cum as I realise my load into her.

We both pant as we slow down before her hips stop moving. We breathe heavily as I slowly let go of her hair, wrapping my arms around to pull her closer against me. "You truly are the best thing that has ever happened to me, Letty Hayes. You're my life, my obsession, my queen. I love you, my girl." I tell here brushing my lips against hers. "I love you, my John." She says, pressing her lips against mine.

Merry fucking Christmas indeed.