soonhoon 19

"What's up buddy!"

Jihoon heard the happy-go-lucky voice of Seungcheol who entered inside his apartment as if it was his own.

The shorter sighed looking at him. His bestfriend never liked using doorbells for ringing, he never did. Though Jihoon himself was very much aware of the possibility of him opening or even recognising the doorbell ringing, he still sometimes regretted giving Seungcheol his passcode. The man liked visiting him as he pleased, sometimes as his editor and sometimes as his fucking annoying bestfriend.

It was a thing to see ahead what role he was in today, "Up? My degree of annoyance after watching you here." The writer replied him sarcastically, going back into his laptop the moment Seungcheol settled down beside him.

"Such a nice warm welcome from Lee Jihoon." The older snapped, earning a scoff from the writer, "Where is Hyung?"

The answer came out with a deep sigh, "He is busy, beside that, I am here as your editor, and a professional person does not compile his family and work with eachother."

"You are saying that because he is busy." The writer kept his laptop on the table, looking at his editor with his brows narrowed, "If you could, you'd probably bring him everywhere with you, even if that's you going to take shit."

The insult came off like a compliment to Seungcheol who only laughed at the writer. When the younger shook his head in disbelief, the editor asked, suddenly not really being able to control his excitement, "Heard you were writing a book? A new one? Gosh I am excited!"

"Why are you pretending as if i wasn't the one who told you that?" Jihoon snapped at him again, holding his laptop and going back to what he was doing.

Seungcheol though didn't really minded the writer giving him a reality check every now and then, strangely enough, he was feeling odd, and when he finally realised why was that, his eyes suddenly lurked around, looking everywhere as if he was waiting for someone to appear from the thin air.

"Are you seriously okay? You'll break your neck if you really keep moving it like that."

"Where is Soonyoung? I expected to see him here." The question came out rather smoothly, as if Seungcheol really did expect to see his manager here.

And he realised he was right the moment Jihoon nonchalantly replied, "Told me he was going to get some coffee for him. You can ask him to buy some for you if you want."

Seungcheol shook his head in reply, silently peeking inside writer's laptop in hope to find something interesting. The writer suddenly looked at him, "Why did you expect to see him here though?"

Seungcheol laughed loudly as if it was a joke which touched his humour. Jihoon knew his bestfriend didn't have any humour to begin with so watching him laugh at anything wasn't really surprising at all.

He waited until Seungcheol finally had his fill of laughter before replying, "In all of the time I visited you, he was here. Sometimes in kitchen, sometimes in front of TV, sometimes on sofa with his laptop. It's more like he lives here, and I still don't get why he bothers to go back to his apartment to sleep? Tell him to shift here and save money which he spends on paying the rent of an apartment he literally never visits."

Seungcheol expected Jihoon to be taken aback, or may be a sarcastic remark would have been something he expected to be slapped with. But to his surprise, the writer just rolled his eyes, handing him the laptop and shrugging his shoulders, "I asked him to but he said it was better this way."

"You did??!" The older was stunned. "You asked someone to be your roommate or whatever you thought before asking?"

"Is that a big matter?" The shorter was visibly confused, "I like his cooking, and he is pretty good in doing other stuffs too. Beside all that, Seokjin hyung keep calling him again and again to know about my new book and it's introduction and stuff, i couldn't help but ask him to stay. It was his decision that he refused."