07

ꨄ︎
𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀

To say the least, there was an uncomfortable tension bubbling in the air of the speakeasy.

Isla could feel it start to simmer the moment the other woman took a seat on the vacant stool next to her, disregarding Isla's coat and placing it onto the stool one down.

Isla's lips parted to complain at the woman for moving her things but with the blonde moving in so close to her, she froze.

Just like the woman's musky vanilla perfume, the tension wrapped around her neck suffocating her completely.

Isla cleared her throat, shifting on the stool trying to insinuate the woman to say something or anything because she couldn't find the courage to do so.

But the blonde only stared, her head propped up on one arm as she looked over at Isla with confusion and uncertainty.

Finally her lips parted, a sigh leaving with it.

"I don't usually do this with women." It was quiet, anything but confident and this tickled Isla ear because she expected the blonde to keep the same cocky energy had when meeting last time.

"Do what?" She responded hesitantly, her throat running dry once those few words left her mouth.

The blonde raised a brow, folding one leg over the other blinking in confusion at Isla with slim icy eyes.

As if the blonde had spoken to her without having to say anything, her early words had finally registered making the older woman grimace.

"I'm married." Is all Isla could give with a scoff.

The other woman snickered, her well known smirk playing on her lips again.

"Most of my men are." She shrugged finally breaking her gaze away to wave the bartender down who in response smiled but put a finger up asking her to hold off while she handled another customer.

The blonde groaned with the roll of her eyes.

"Why're you here?" Isla asked suddenly.

"Why're you? I didn't take you as this kind of woman." She challenged folding her arms across her chest with furrowed brows.

"I'm not." Isla's reply was short but it told the other woman everything she needed to know.

In response the blonde hummed, but didn't bother to say anything else instead focusing her attention on the bartender approaching them.

"Ah, X I see you've met my new friend." Said the bartender tilting her head in the direction of Isla while starting to prepare the other woman's drink without her needing to say what she wanted.

Isla figured she were a usual.

"You could say that." The younger girl mumbled, her eyes cutting to Isla from the side.

Isla shrunk in her seat, she wasn't good with keeping conversation especially with women who obviously had a lot more confidence then she had in this unfamiliar environment.

But something coming from the bartender forced her to speak.

"She's getting a job here." The woman spoke making both blue and brown eyes widen.