08

ꨄ︎
𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀

"Where are you going?" Isla spoke, her voice groggy and buried beneath her pillow. With her eyes just barely open, she could hazily watch her husband shift around the room, they then flickered to the transparent clock on the desk that read 3:45am.

"I didn't mean to wake you." Kirk whispered leaning down to place a quick kiss onto his wife's forehead. "I have to be in the office a little early today a bug got into the system and crashed all of our channels."

"And they need you specifically to fix that at this very moment?" Said Isla now coming to her senses sliding up on the bed and against the headboard.

"Todays supposed to be your day off."

"And it is, i'm just popping in to sort a few matters that's all." The husband replied rather harshly fastening the last button on his shirt.

To tired to argue Isla decided to brush it over her shoulder, she would deal with this another time.

"Let me at least make you a quick meal before you go." She added readying to usher out of bed but was brought to a holt by the man.

"No need babe, i'll pick something up you go back to sleep." Nodding hesitantly she slipped back underneath the covers, her eyes never leaving the husband as she watched him zip and zag across the room.

He was moving awfully quickly for someone who'd just woken up.

"I'll see you later, love you."

"Love you too." And then the door was closed, leaving Isla once again with her skeptical thoughts.

As much as she wanted Isla knew there was no way she could sleep now.

Her mind would continue playing images with her husband and whoever that Hannah girl is every time she closed her eyes.

Sprawling across the sheets Isla groaned running her fingers through her messy bedridden hair.

Reaching for her phone off the nightstand the raven decided to just scroll on the media for sometime until she felt herself grow tired again.

But her finger instead found itself prancing to the contact list, landing right on a new unfamiliar name. Battling with wether or not she should call her thumb danced across the name.

"Jesus christ." She mumbled with disappointment finally clicking the call button bringing the phone to her.

The dial tone was taunting, singing in her ear for just a few seconds before it clicked.

Hello? A voice spoke rather raspy.

Isla face palmed herself knowing she'd woken the girl.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you-"

"Isla? My very own stalker."

She could hear the smile in the other woman's sentence as if she was fighting to laugh and it made her uncomfortable.

"I wasn't stalking you!"