middle school

"Why are you being so mean?" a little voice cried. izuku standing in front of another boy on the ground, arms around his stomach, also in tears. 

"You're making him cry Kachan! If you keep on hurting him..." little Izuku shifted into a fighting stance, "I'll uh, I'll stop you myself!"

Bakugo and three other children just stared at Izuku before bakugo smirked. One of the kids grew out big red wings like a dragon, while the other extended his fingers, the girl to the left looked less interested, her eyes watching a small beetle by her feet. 

"You wanna pretend to be a hero?" bakugo smashed his right fist into his left palm, sparking an explosion. "You don't stand a chance without a quirk, Deku."

As the cicadas continued their uncaring chorus, revealing a beaten up child Midoriya lying dazed in the sand of the park. 

further down the street raven was smacking bakugo up the back side of his head with her palm and he was grumbling as she went home. 

----------

"Now third years" the teacher up the front calls out "its time you all start thinking about your futures, of course I could hand out job forms"

"But... Why bother? I know you all want to go to the Hero Track!" he sighed, watching as everyone in the class cheered, each showing off there quirks, raven grumbles and slowly opens her eyes, raising her head from desk and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

"yes, yes, you've got some very impressive Quirks but no power usage allowed in school." the teacher sighs, trying to calm the class down "Get a hold of yourselves..."

"Hey, teach..." all eyes land on bakugo, his legs propped up on his desk, his head tilted back abit, and a shit eating smirk plastered on his lips. "Don't lump me in with this bunch of losers. I'm the real deal but these guys will be lucky to end up as sidekicks to some busted D-lister."

"You think you're better than us, Katsuki?!" someone snaps. bakugo smirks and tilts his head to look at them

"Let's go, I'll take you all on!" he yells, pushing up from his desk. raven let out a small sigh and rested her head onto her hand, glancing out the window 

"Huh, you've got impressive test results. Maybe you will get into U.A. High."

"He's gonna try for the national school?!" one boy whispers. 

"That school has a 0.2% acceptance rate! It's impossible to get into!"

"And that's exactly way it's the only place worthy of me." bakugo shoves one foot onto his desk, his other on the ground.  "I aced all of the mock tests. I'm the only one at this school who stands a chance of getting in. I'll end up more popular than All Might himself! And be the richest hero of all time!"

"People all across the world will know who I am and it all starts with U.A. High!"

a small scoff makes him tense, turning to the girl who sat on the side, her head rested in her hand, a lazy look on her face.

"got something to say freak!" bakugo spat, raven looked at him and a smirk tugged at the corner of her lip. 

"I'm surprised you could hear me over the deafening sound of your inflating ego!" she blinked at him and the class fell silent. "and come up with a better name, freaks getting old" 

the pair are always clashing, bakugo and raven's personalities clashing in the worst ways possible.  ravens more laid back and snarky and stoic personality, while bakugo was loud and aggressive. 

"Oh yeah" the teacher speaks up, cutting bakugo off "Midoriya, raven... Don't you want to go to U.A. too?"

the whole class erupts into laughter, looking between Midoriya who's face flushes and he try's to hide away and raven who was staring bakugo down. a vein bulged on his forehead and he gripped at his desk.