Chapter 9 - Time

3rd Person POV~

After Lucy finished her speech she talked to Kereska and the dragon slayers before they all separated only being, Gajeel, levy, Wendy, Laxus, and Natsu.

"That was so much fun Lucy-San! Ms. Kereska was super nice! Will we be able to see her again?"
Wendy asked with sparkles in her eyes.
"Of course you can Wendy. Just let me know when you want to see her again ok?"

"Okie dokie!"

Wendy replied skipping away ahead to everyone else in front, leaving Natsu and Lucy behind.

Natsu: Lucy

Lucy: hm?

Natsu: if you didn't use your power...would you end up telling the guild about it?

Lucy: if I'm being honest. No. No I wouldn't. I'm putting everyone in danger just by them knowing about it. Ever since people
found out that there was an elemental dragon, whoever knew me would either get hurt or tell
people who I am...so after the first time
someone I met found out my power and my name, they told the hunters that were looking for me.
It didn't take me long to know that they knew so, I killed them. Along with the girl I met...

I didnt want to...
It hurt me that I had to kill them.
It hurt that they tried to hurt me. And they succeeded in that...
Not physically, but mentally.
It still remains in my head of what she said to me as her last words.
She said,

'this is why your mother died. Because you are too weak to fight the truth and this is why your father never loved you either.'

When she said that it started to make me rethink my life choices and how much I failed as not only a daughter but also as a person.
...
Did I fail Natsu? It pains me that I became a queen and I'm still weak. I can't even get over the past. I killed people because I was afraid of the god damn truth. Why?! Why?!!"

When lucy finished, she completely broke.
having a mental breakdown in the middle of the path they were walking on, still a few hours from town.

And all Natsu did was pick her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist, his arms holding her in place.

(𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕤𝕤, 𝕀 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟 🌚)

She silently cried into his shoulder as she felt overwhelmed by the emotions she was feeling.
After a few minutes she fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

...merp...merp...meep-

The next day when Lucy woke up she was in her bed. 'How did I get here?' She thought. Just then it all came back to her.

How she was talking to Natsu, how she broke down, and how he picked her up and carried her-
Wait.. he carried her?! All the way back to town.

Lucy's POV~

He carried me all the way back to my apartment. Oh god that might be the most embarrassing thing that happened.

Well there's nothing I can do now except thank him and maybe do something in return.

I decided I'll think about it later so I decided that I would get dressed and go to the guild to eat.