Chapter 21~ The Pained And The Lost

~3rd Person POV~

★☆★☆★

Once Natsu got rid of the fake Zeref, he was able to help Lucy.
He ran towards her and when one of the shadows came after him he was about to use his magic on them until Lucy yelled
"Don't use magic on them!!"

Having to react fast, Natsu instead punched the ground to blast himself to Lucy just barely missing the shadow.

He landed and steadied himself and kept sprinting alongside Lucy.
"What do you mean don't hit them? There's a horde behind you."
"Hitting them with magic only makes them stronger. That's why I had to bring them to a water source- and natural one. Otherwise they get stronger."

"So the water kills them or something?"
"No"
"Then wha-
"It gets rid of their ability to absorb magic, once they get water on them then we can use magic to eliminate them"

~Lucy's POV~

He nodded letting me know that he understood what I was talking about. The water source was getting closer at a fast rate so I switched to my water dress.
Natsu and I got to the water source and both threw water on them. I used my water magic to throw the natural water getting it on all of them.
Natsu and I then used our fire and burned them all.

But we were far from over.

All of the other tubes broke and the ground on top...well, roof- opened and all of the shadows escaped.
The nearest town that was here was Haregon.
NO NO NO!!

All the shadows escaped and left the underground place and went after basically everyone in Fiore because I'm CERTAIN someone would use magic and make them more powerful and faster.
And they would also run and get to the next town.

But all the buildings and shops... the shadows will disintegrate them-

FUCK!
It was so irritating and frustrating that I was on the verge of angry tears.

"Hey.."
Natsu softly grabbed my chin, his pointer finger underneath as he had me face him.
"Relax"

RELAX?!

"RELAX?! ARE YOU MENTALLY INSANE?! THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS WILL DIE! TELLING ME TO RELAX IS SOM-

"I never said I was done talking. Listen."

...

"What I'm saying is, you go and let your emotions get in the way of you saving people by being frustrated and angry that the shadows got away but if you keep doing that stupid shit, then your really not going to get anything done.

After we taking care of the shadows then you can cry a river. For now stay focused."

When he finished, he kissed my forehead and held my hand.
"You ready?"
I nodded, wiping my glossy eyes and switching my outfit to Aquarius's star dress. Naturally my actual hair came back and it was my actual length. Which was hip length.
"Always."

We dashed out of the underground and separated to cover more ground.
I made it to Haregon and hundreds of shadows were covering the place. People screaming, kids crying. People trying to use magic or running away.