15

~MOUSE~

König seemed to mention everything apart from how fucking cold the Russian forest was.

Ophelia tried not to shiver as her breath fogged in front of her, boots crunching in the snow.

Ice draped its pristine white cloak over the forest, drenching everything in cold.

Even as the sun hung low in the sky, she felt nothing but frigid air.

She was not bred for the cold.

Oni navigated with precision through the dense underbrush next to her.

Gently pushing away sticks and avoiding rustling branches as he moved.

Their footsteps, softened by the thick layer of snow, left a memorable mark on the frozen canvas beneath their boots.

Ophelia, her face obscured by the mask that clung tightly to her mouth and nose, took deliberate breaths, the warmth of her exhales crystallizing in the frigid air.

The goggles over her eyes shielded them from the biting wind, rendering the world in shades of blue as they surveyed the landscape with unwavering focus.

Beside her, Oni, his breath visible in the sunlight, moved with the agility of a seasoned soldier.

His military-issue attire and gear adapted to the harsh winter conditions, and his eyes, sharp and vigilant, scanned the surroundings for any signs of movement.

He didn't seem bothered by the cold at all. Which was just unfair.

Each step the duo took was met with the soft crunch of snow beneath their boots, a sound muffled by the vast expanse of trees that rose around them.

The air, crisp and cold, carried the scent of pine and snow, freezing her lungs and stinging her eyes.

Ophelia's gloved hand brushed against the bark of a massive tree, the texture rough against her fingertips.

The forest seemed to respond to their presence, a symphony of creaking branches and the occasional rustle of unseen creatures adding an eerie harmony to the stillness.

As they ventured deeper into the heart of the forest, the setting sun hung overhead, casting its ethereal glow upon the landscape.

The shadows of the trees intertwined with the snow-covered ground, creating a labyrinth of shadows.

Oni, a man of few words, communicated with Ophelia through subtle gestures and shared glances.

They seemed to move as one, seamlessly navigating through the brush.

Ophelia and Oni approached the towering warehouse building, its imposing figure hidden amidst the undergrowth.

It seemed König had also forgotten to mention how long it would take them to get there.

She was certain the rest of the team had beaten them to the warehouse.

Having been dropped further away than everyone else she was surprised they made it by dusk at all.

The duo dropped to the ground, taking cover behind a snow-covered mound, as Ophelia keyed her radio.

"Warehouse in sight, potential sentries three clicks northeast. No visible threats at the entrance. Mouse Over," she spoke in hushed tones, the air thick with her breath.