24

~MOUSE~

The intel room was cold and dimly lit as Ophelia let her sore body fall into a chair with as much grace as she could muster.

Which was hardly any.

As she kicked her legs up and crossed them she watched the rest of the team file into the room.

Her side ached and throbbed, but aside from the occasional sting, she felt fine.

Other than the fact her body felt like it had been through a cheese grater.

Oni immediately smiled brightly and walked straight over to her, his dark brown eyes wide as he grinned at her.

She just stared at him.

She had never seen him smile.

Let alone at her.

"My saviour," he crooned as he walked over to her and gently ruffled her hair.

Ophelia just stared at him in shock.

What was happening?

"Hello?" she said in confusion as the man dropped into a seat next to her.

He just smiled and placed his hands in his pockets and with a grace she had never seen in a man before, drew a something from his pocket and tossed it to her.

Reacting quickly she reached out and grabbed it.

Plastic met her hands and she looked down to see a protein bar staring back at her.

"Oni..." she started as looked at the bar.

He didn't need to help her.

The man only rolled his eyes and sat back in his metal chair.

"Eaten breakfast?" he asked as he watched her carefully.

Ophelia shook her head as she watched the rest of the team move over to them.

Roze laughed loudly as she saw the bar in Ophelia's hands, throwing her arms over the back of her metal chair.

"Just eat it. He won't let it go," she said as she leant behind Ophelia.

Ophelia just stared at Oni in confusion, he stared back with hard eyes.

"You saved my ass, it's the least I can do," he said as he shrugged and crossed his strong arms over his chest.

Ophelia smiled at him kindly and waved the bar in the air.

"Not really, I just did my job," she said as she handed the bar back towards him.

Oni's face fell into a stoic expression.

She heard Roze snicker behind her as he sat forward and stared at her angrily.

"Eat," he said stiffly.

There was no way he was taking it back.

Ophelia rolled her eyes and unwrapped the bar.

"Alright Mother," she said as she unwrapped it and shoved it in her mouth.

Oni rolled his eyes but she could hear the rest of the team laughing at them.

Zero slapped a hand on her shoulder and she winced as her side ached in protest.

"Holding up, Kid?" he asked as he came to stand next to Roze.