41

~MOUSE~

She had ended up being very late.

She hoped the bastard was too, but she knew he wasn't.

With his long legs, König probably got to his meeting with Zeus early.

Now she was getting her ass handed to her by Zero in the ring.

The blows were precise, each strike finding its mark with unforgiving accuracy.

Her legs wobbled beneath her, threatening to give way.

She was staggering and out of breath in a matter of minutes.

She blamed the Colonel.

The matted floor offered little comfort, a thin barrier between her and the unforgiving ground.

Zero had dropped her twice.

As Ophelia hit the ground, pain etched across her as she felt her muscles cramp.

The impact with the floor resonated through her, a jolt that sent shockwaves of agony rippling through her body.

She groaned as she rolled onto her stomach.

Zero regarded her with a disappointed gaze.

"You're off your game, Kid," he remarked, his voice a low rumble that reverberated through the room.

Ophelia clenched her teeth, pushing back the waves of pain as she lay on the mat.

The sting of disappointment added an extra layer to her already battered mind.

She knew she was off her game.

There were expectations that came with being a part of KorTac, and falling short was not an option.

She was distracted.

He was distracting her.

With his tired eyes, strong hands and crooked smile.

The flickering light overhead cast shadows across her, emphasizing the struggle etched on her face.

She couldn't afford to be off her game.

If she was, she died.

With a gritted resolve, Ophelia forced herself to rise from the mat, though every movement sent searing pain through her exhausted body.

Her small smile, though weary, held a touch of resilience.

She gingerly rubbed her hand over her lower back, seeking relief from the lingering discomfort that clung to her.

Her thighs ached and between them was even sorer.

Fucking Colonel.

"Still healing from your wound?" Zero inquired, his expression etched with genuine concern.

The training room's ambient hum seemed to hush, allowing the weight of his question to linger in the air.

Ophelia hesitated for a moment, her mind navigating the delicate terrain of half-truths she seemed to be gathering.

She couldn't tell him she was sleeping with their Colonel and he was rough with her.

Zero would kill her for being stupid.

Kill her again because König was their superior and older than her by almost ten years.

And then kill her one last time for good measure.