42

~MOUSE~

It was official.

Zeus had lost his mind.

Two weeks of relentless pursuit, scouring the earth for The Viper's elusive hitman had taken its toll on the colossal figure.

The tension in the air was noticeable, an unspoken understanding that the moment of reckoning was approaching.

The giant man, usually composed and stoic, now wore the weight of frustration like a heavy cloak, threatening to shatter his formidable composure.

Ophelia observed Zeus's descent into desperation.

The lines on his face etched deeper, and the intensity in his eyes burned with an unsettling fire.

Fuck, she did not want to be that man right now.

The stakes were high, and the pressure to capture the hitman was mounting, casting a shadow over the entire team.

König's presence in her bed at night became a comforting ritual, a silent reassurance in the darkness.

Ophelia tried not to think about the way he pulled her close, as if trying to shield her from the storm raging outside their walls.

When she fell asleep he wouldn't be there in their room, too busy helping Zeus.

But she always woke to arms around her, his head tucked in the crook of her neck as he snored quietly.

The simplicity of his actions made her smile.

It was nice.

Ophelia had deciphered König's language of affection, recognizing that physical touch held a significance beyond words for him.

He couldn't seem to get enough of contact.

It was like he wasn't even aware he was doing it, naturally gravitating towards her to press their skin together.

In the fleeting moments they passed in the halls, his hand would brush against hers.

Even when he walked with Zeus and she followed behind their group of operatives.

It was almost subconscious.

Like he couldn't help it.

Like he just needed to do it.

In the intel room, he stood closer than necessary, his back almost brushing her chair, his breath hitting the back of her neck.

She had seen her teammates staring at him with quizzical expressions as he sometimes leant on the back of her chair.

He was so obvious it almost hurt.

During training sessions, he would choose to stand beside her, a not-so-silent companion who seemed to critique her every move.

But recently he had moved away from her.

She was pretty sure she knew why.

They all got the leave in a day.

Head home for two weeks.

She had never been able to do that before.

And for once she found she didn't want to.

She didn't admit it but she knew she would miss the gloomy and somewhat terrifying Colonel.

She was so used to his presence, the sound he made when he moved and the feeling of his eyes on her. She wasn't sure how she was going to stand being alone.