32

~MOUSE~

The pulsating bass of the music reverberated through the dimly lit club.

Her gold heels clicked against the glossy black floor as she followed the brown-haired girl through the maze of tables and dancers, weaving through the crowd like a seductive phantom.

Dim, coloured lights bathed the private section in an otherworldly red glow, casting enchanting shadows on the walls.

Ophelia's heart quickened with each step as she entered the exclusive domain.

As they arrived at their destination, Ophelia's gaze widened in awe at the sight that awaited her.

Above a small platform stage hung two crimson aerial silks, suspended gracefully from the ceiling like silken serpents poised to dance.

The play of light accentuated the sensuous curves of the fabric.

A mischievous smile played on Ophelia's lips.

Oh, she had to be the luckiest girl of all time.

This was something she could do, and well.

Very well.

Dimitri would not know what hit him.

"You're breaking my orders, Sergeant," König's deep voice said in her ear but they both knew it wasn't just about his orders.

She shot a smile over her shoulder as the brown-haired girl left.

As Ophelia stood at the side of the stage in the dark she rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

"Trust me, this will work, he takes the girls to fuck in his office and when he does I'll have access to the files as well as whatever I can pry from him," she said quietly, making sure no one saw her supposedly talking to herself.

She paused, her attention fixated on the red aerial silks that hung before her like a tantalizing challenge.

König was silent.

The only thing she could hear was the crackle of his comm as he seemed to be controlling his breathing.

Oops, now she had to put him on her 'officially pissed off at you' list.

"Zeus?" she asked softly.

They had to know she was right.

This was the best option.

It wasn't about feelings or pettiness.

It was about getting the intel they needed.

"I'm used to this. It's my job, it's why I'm Mouse. I sneak in cause a distraction, and while everybody's busy, I take what I can," She said as she watched the silks descend further from the roof.

She needed to get up on that stage soon, and if she didn't get demands she'd have to purposefully break two of her team leaders' orders.

"Trust me, König," she said his name softly as she watched the silks descend.

She could do this.

She had done it before and she was good at it.

No one ever suspected her.

"König, you got eyes on her?" Zeus's voice cut through the quiet, injecting a sense of urgency.

He knew she was right, but he was not in the field.