XI - I Needed Someone to Distract Me

Mich POV

Zzzzzzzzz.

Ang aga-aga pa, 4pm pa lang naman but my eyes feel heavy already. Paudyok-udyok ang ulo ko dahil sinusubukan kong manatiling gising pero mistulang nakakatulog ako minu-minuto. Ayokong umidlip dahil sasakit lang ang ulo ko. Mabuti nga't narito na kami sa kotse pauwi matapos ang walang katapusang handshake, beso, o yakap sa conference room ng building namin kanina. Hindi ko na rin nakausap doon si Anntonia. Nauna na ata siyang umalis kasama si Ivan. I still don't understand why she was there, I thought she'll be waiting for us back home lang.

"Are you awake, anak?" hinilamos ko ang mukha ko nang kunin ni Mom ang atensyon ko. Inalis ko muna ang airpods ko at pinasok sa lalagyan.

"Yes po."

"We're near home na. Do you want to join me with Ann later? So you two can talk already. Although, I was expecting for her to approach me again kanina since she was already there."

Inisip ko muna kung gusto ko bang sumama sa kanila. Mas mabuti siguro na kaming dalawa lang ni Ann ang mag-usap. Pero, may parte sa'kin na ayaw ko muna. She's been mean lately. 

I mean, valid. 

She was pretty shaken up by what happened for sure because if it affected me to the point that I passed out, I'm now wondering what she felt during that moment, and the following days. But that doesn't give her the right to treat me like this. Throughout the years that we've known each other, we promised that we will always dive into confrontations, may it be an easy or difficult one, because we wouldn't want to hold grudges and keep up with misunderstandings.

"Why was she there, by the way? I thought we were meeting partners and investors lang po like you said." I asked my Mom who was just waiting for me to speak.

"Based on her boyfriend's surname, I realized that Ivan is the only nephew of one of our shareholders. Mister Pandi does not have a family, his brother, Ivan's father, is not into any media industries. He's a professional football manager. Ivan is a football player as well, but he is diving into their family's businesses, so he was also invited to that conference for him to have a glimpse of what he's entering."

Sometimes, I am amazed of how my mother handle our business. It takes a lot for someone to be knowledgeable enough of the works, as well as the people involved.

"So, pati pala po sa conference puwede ang plus one kaya dinala niya rin doon si Ann?" natatawa kong tanong sa kaniya na siyang ikinahagikgik din niya.

"Well, kahit naman walang boyfriend ngayon si Ann, she would still be invited to that conference. Remember, she's one step away in handling Tara and Martin's business?"

Ah oo nga pala.

"So, do you want to join us?" tanong niyang muli sa'kin.

"Melody, let her take her own pace. I am sure she would want to talk with Ann alone." singit ni Mamita, nakikinig pala siya sa usapan namin.

Napabaling sa akin si Mom para ramdamin kung tama ang sinabi ni Mamita. I gave her a knowing smile, she just slightly nodded to let me know that she understands.