XVI - Point of View

A/N - I hope bawi ko muna ito for the meantime. I'll try my best to publish a few more chapters this coming week, but I can't promise if there will be ones today and tomorrow please forgive me 🥺

This is in chronological order of the characters' childhood-highschool days-early college life before proceeding to the present day (pool scene from the previous chapter).

Papunta na tayo sa exciting part. 🫢

=========================================

Anntonia POV

"Ate Mich! Ate Mich!" I pulled her shirt so that she could look down at me. She's way taller than me, and I feel even smaller right now that I am sitting like a frog here on the sand while she's playing with her camera taking pictures of the scenery in front of us.

"Ann, how many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to call me Ate, ha?" maybe because she doesn't want to feel like an ate since she's a bit tomboyish hahahaha. She has this justin-bieber-looking-hairstyle where her bangs are parted on one side covering a part of her face. She also likes wearing baggy shorts and shirts.

We've been living together at the house for 12 years now, well, for me. For her, she's been out there for 13 years.

I tucked my hair strands behind my ear as I trace drawings on the sand with my fingers. 

"Look, oh!" she faced me and lifted her camera up. I posed with my two hands signing a peace-sign and smiled widely at the camera. She went closer to zoom in on the drawings on the sand.

"What's that supposed to be?" she asked me as she examined my drawings and looked at her camera's screen to zoom in on the picture she just took.

"I don't know, I just felt like doing that." I stood up and tapped her shoulder. She looked down at me, she always has to do that because of our height difference. I am just right below her shoulders, so I promised myself that I will be as tall as her when I grow older. Both my parents are tall, just as much as hers, so I think that would be possible in the future.

"Sinong crush mo?" she squinted her eyes while softly chuckling at my question. I always admired her features. Even though she's trying to deny that she's just as pretty as me, maybe because she's not really trying right now, I always tell her that I love her facial features. While I have almond eyes and pointy nose, she has these small eyes that disappear whenever she smiles and a cute nose that aligns perfectly with her cupid arrow lips.

"Pinagsasabi mong bata ka?" she didn't answer me but instead just returned a question as well, it's her habit of avoiding questions she doesn't want to answer.

"Why did you ask? Ikaw, may crush ka 'no?" she pointed her lips at some random teenage boys a little bit farther from us on my left side, so I glanced at them and judged them by their actions. They're picking up sand and throwing it at one another. I rolled me eyes at their silly figures.

"E? Mas pogi ka nga sa mga 'yon?" she whistled once as if she couldn't believe I just told her that.