XXI - What Do You Want Me to Do?

Michelle POV

While Anntonia's attending her classes, I am now spending my time in the SG Office to do stuff for my birthday celebration. 

It's in five days!

Five. Days. Sheesh.

I scanned through the email of the organizer. He listed everything they bought and ordered, may mga kasama pang pictures para alam ko ang itsura. Naka-attach din dito ang magiging itsura ng Xanadu Night Club.

There will be retro disco balls hanging from the ceiling, shined with red and purple LED lights. They will also attach burlesque neon lights by the stage, while the walls will be decorated with rainbow waterfall lights. 

Satisfied with the overall design, I sent him my approval and tasked him to send out formal invitations to all people included in the database I attached to the email. 

The attire is: "Anything you're comfortable with that expresses how you identify yourself." I also asked him to tell the editor to create the invitation as subtly gay as possible, tipong mga accla lang ang makaka-gets na bading na party ang pupuntahan nila.

At this point, I do not care how other people will take this in. It's my birthday party, if they are uncomfortable with it, they are free to leave.

For my two outfits that I'll be wearing, I contacted my designer to come up with an androgynous outfit - all black, which what I'll be wearing during the party itself and for my big reveal. I am already decided on this, it will be my biggest announcement to the world. But for my grand entrance, I want to wear something feminine na all black as well.

Mukhang okay naman na ang mangyayari sa araw na iyon, sila naman ang bahalang mag-ayos. Ang kailangan ko lang ay maghanda.

Ihanda ang sariling maging matatag.

I closed my eyes, heaved deep breaths, and rested my forehead on my interlocked hands. The fact that this will change everything - I mean, I wouldn't know what it will bring to the table for me, no matter what happens, we can never please everyone. 

Sa lahat ng sitwasyon, naniniwala akong may dala-dala itong blessings. Sure, risks as well and what-nots, pero ang importante ay ang blessings na nag-aabang sa'kin - para sa amin ni Anntonia.

Napangiti ako sa sarili ko. Sigh.

"Blessings....It's time to wait for the blessing." banggit ko sa aking sarili.

"The blessing is heeeeeere!"

"SHIT!" napaatras ako sa kinauupuan ko habang hawak-hawak ang dibdib ko. Bigla na lang kasi sumusulpot 'tong diyosa na 'to. Sa sobrang lalim ng iniisip ko habang nakapikit hindi ko naramdamang nakapasok na pala 'to.

"Kanina ka pa ba diyan?" kunot-noo kong tanong sa kaniya habang tinatapik nang marahan ang puso ko.