Introduction

Austrian Grand Prix - 2019:

"HERE SHE COMES NOW! ROUND THE FINAL CORNER!" David Croft's voice rings out from the tv of the Lewis household in England.

Richard and Celine Lewis were sat on the edge of their seats. Their tv screen displayed the live feed of the Austrian Grand Prix. The two had been screaming and shouting for the last two hours, their throats sore from shouting every time their daughter climbed up another place in the race.

"SHE STARTED IN THIRTEENTH BUT SHE'S GOING TO FINISH IN FIRST!" Crofty shouts again. "FRANCESCA LEWIS BECOMES A GRAND PRIX WINNER! IN ONLY HER NINTH RACE OF HER CAREER!"

The parents jumped upwards, screaming and cheering as they turned to each other and wrapped their arms around the body of the other, jumping up and down on the spot. Around them, the rest of the room exploded too, emotions running high throughout the house. Samuel Lewis screamed, turning to his younger brother, Oliver, who had jumped upwards so suddenly that he'd knocked the glass of wine out of his aunts hand.

The tv screen displayed similar scenes to the ones inside the Lewis household, Red Bull employees were jumping out of their seats in the garage, hugging each other and cheering loudly, the pit wall was celebrating and Christian Horner was talking into the microphone attached to his headset.

"WHAT A DRIVE!" Crofty says loudly again.

The display jumped to show the onboard for the number 12 car, even from the limited view you could see the drivers hands shaking as she sorted things out on the steering wheel.

"FRANCESCA LEWIS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE!" Christian Horner's voice shouts down the radio when the message was broadcasted to the world. "WHAT A FUCKING DRIVE!"

The Lewis household could not stop celebrating, now barely paying attention to the tv screen.

Francesca Lewis had been screaming down the radio the entire time she drove slowly around the track to pull back into the pits. The feeling was absolutely unreal as she parked her car behind the P1 sign in Parc Ferme. The cameras had keep switching the entire lap as her radio was broadcasted out for everyone to hear, showing Red Bull employees jumping down from the catch fencing and exploding from the garage screaming and shouting as they sprinted down the pit lane towards Parc Ferme to go and meet their driver.

Francesca lifted herself from the car, basking in the feeling of winning. She glanced to her right and saw the silver Mercedes pulling into the P2 position and then to left where she watched the scarlet Ferrari pull in behind the P3 sign.

She threw herself onto the tarmac and sprinted to the team, plenty of arms caught her as she jumped at them, many more trying to reach forwards from the back and the force of all the bodies made the barriers collapse and bring the entire team down with them. Christian Horner and Helmut Marko were stood to the side of the chaos, both celebrating along with the rest of their team and laughing at the chaos caused by the rookies maiden win.

Francesca had lifted her visor, the cameras focussing in on her eyes once she was free of the chaos. They were glassy and red and she kept trying to wipe them through the gap where her visor usually was, she was still screaming and when she saw the camera pointed at her she walked over to it and placed her fingers around the lens, the small circle created made her the centre of attention before she winked and turned back around, walking back over towards the car. All cameras stayed focussed on the Red Bull driver who jumped back onto the top of the car and cupped her hands around where her mouth would be if the helmet wasn't there before pumping her fist and jumping back down.

"SHE FUCKING DID IT!" Richard Lewis was screaming from back home as he watched his daughter celebrate on the tv screen.

Scenes in the Lewis household had cooled down now, but everyone's adrenaline was still rushing as they retook their seats. The camera moved to the cooldown room, showing Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel already inside drinking rapidly from the water bottles provided.

The camera moved to Francesca when she walked in, skin coated in a layer of sweat and hairs which had fallen out of her braids stuck to her skin. She was grinning wildly and when she passed the camera she stuck her tongue out at it and continued toward the two older and more experienced world champions in the room.

It was the podium that had everyone going mad again.

The uproar from the crowd when Francesca walked out was so deafening you would've believed that it was the Tifosi in Monza with a Ferrari driver winning. The fact that a Red Bull driver in her rookie season had just won a race at their home grand prix was worth celebrating for all the fans.

Francesca stood proudly on the top step, wiping her tears as the French and Austrian national anthems were played for everyone to hear.

Sebastian Vettel was the first to begin the champagne spraying, focussing it all on Francesca with Lewis Hamilton following seconds later. Francesca herself grabbed the bottle and turned to Christian Horner who joined her on the podium, eventually rushing over to him and pouring the liquid over his head whilst they both smiled and celebrated wildly.

—————————————————————
New story alert!

This is a rewrite of the book i released earlier in the year, but it has a completely different storyline based on the original.

I'm already in love with it and i've only written four of the chapters😭

Just a warning though. Updates might be slow because i'm currently neck deep in work for college and preparing for university interviews in the new year. i'm hoping to do an update a day but i know that i won't stick to that so bare with me🤭

Anyways, i missed you all
Much love,
- Hollie <3