Part 27

Italics is French
Bold is Radio Calls
Underlined is Commentary

As race day fell into full swing, Francesca was more than ready.

It was the first time that season - despite the fact it had only been two races, but that's beside the point - that Francesca had started a race outside of the top three.

Red Bull had attempted to appeal the penalty given but the FIA had said no.

Francesca was sat on the balcony of the Red Bull motorhome with Max, Lucy and Kelly Piquet.

She didn't really talk to Max's girlfriend much, there was already enough controversy on her own name and she didn't want to accidently get caught up in something that had nothing to do with her. Kelly was nice enough, the two shared words whenever they ran into each other during the weekends Kelly was present - which was pretty much every one - but she wasn't someone that Francesca would choose to spend her time with, much like many of the others WAGS.

"I miss Heidi." Francesca sighs, adjusting her cap on her head.

"Are we not enough for you?" Lucy asks with a teasing smile.

"As much as I love you, Heidi gives me a break from racing." Francesca mutters.

"I do love her little messages as she's watching the races." Max smirks.

"She knows nothing and shows no interest for ever learning anything about this sport and that is why I love her." Francesca smiles.

"She lives, breaths and eats surfing and lifeguarding." Max chuckles.

Eventually, Kelly whispered something to Max and the two said their goodbyes before disappearing from the balcony. Francesca turned her body to properly face Lucy who was glancing down to her phone every now and then.

"Stop checking to see if Lando has messaged you." Francesca smirks.

"I'm not!" Lucy gasps, quickly looking up.

"Mhm?" Francesca raises her eyebrows. "Believable, Luce."

Lucy jokingly narrowed her eyes at her best friend before the two burst out into laughter.

The two best friends eventually got bored of sitting on the balcony and moved out into the paddock, arms linked together, Francesca was constantly stopping to sign things for fans and take photos with those who asked. They had barely been out for five minutes when a crowd had formed around the driver and her best friend and Pierre appeared with Esteban to help them out of the sheer volume of people.

"I knew Aussie's loved F1 but I didn't think it was this much." Lucy sighs.

"Welcome to Formula One, Luce." Francesca smirks.

Lucy teasingly wiggled her eyebrows at her best friend.

Pierre had thrown his arm around Francesca's shoulders and she was practically walking on top of him. Esteban walked the other side of Lucy, the four chatting about whatever came to mind.

When they came across Lando walking by himself, Francesca just had to tease him.

"Where's the coolest person in the world!?" Francesca calls out.

"With Oscar." Lando grumbles.

"Oh they are so going to get together." Pierre laughs.

"We've been saying that about Max and Charles for years." Francesca mutters.

"True." Pierre sighs. "But Heidi and Oscar is a match made in heaven."

"A very strange match made in heaven." Lucy sighs. "Their like the complete opposites of each other."