Part 21

Italics is French

As Monday became Tuesday, Lucy Flemons would not stop rambling to Francesca and her parents about the arrival of Lando.

Celine had returned home from work early on Monday afternoon only to be greeted with her daughter opening the door before she could even get her hand on the handle.

And to say she'd been surprised would be a complete understatement.

Lucy had joined the Lewis' on a movie night.

As Tuesday morning rolled around, Richard, Celine and Francesca were subject to Lucy's rambling once again. Celine was rushing to clean the house despite the fact it was already clean after being told about the arrival of Lando Norris that afternoon and even though she had been telling Richard to help, her husband had been sat on the sofa with the newspaper pretending to be reading it.

"You don't need make-up on!" Francesca laughs, pulling the small bag from her friends hands.

"But look at my acne!" Lucy gasps, turning to Francesca with wide eyes.

"You have no acne!" Francesca replies. "None! Your skin is perfect!"

"But its Lando! I have to look nice!"

"I assure you, he will be rocking up in joggers and hoodie."

"So!?"

"So stop trying to make an effort! If he likes you then he won't care what you look like!"

Huffing, Lucy threw herself down dramatically onto Francesca's bed.

Knowing of her best mates crush on the McLaren driver, Francesca had been doing some digging since Abu Dhabi the year prior. She was more than 100% sure that Lando had a thing for Lucy but he always managed to change the topic whenever it was brought into conversation.

The house had been chaos, with Celine on a spontaneous cleaning spree, Richard not helping and Lucy determined to make an effort for her crush whilst Francesca trying to reign her friend in. It was no surprise that everyone lost track of time and got a brutal wake-up call when Lando Norris burst into the house at 2pm like he owned the place.

In a way, he'd been in the house so much that he was practically a third son.

"FRANCESCA!" Lando's voice echoes up the stairs.

"Oh my god!" Lucy gasps.

"LANDO!" Richard's voice echoes from downstairs.

"Oh my god!" Lucy gasps again.

"Fucking hell." Francesca sighs.

"FRANCESCA! LANDO'S HERE!" Celine shouts.

"I KNOW, I CAN SMELL HIM FROM A MILE AWAY!"

"OI!"

The drivers footsteps echoed up the stairs. Lando had been to Francesca's childhood home enough times to know his way around and he cheekily peered around the door when he reached the bedroom he remembered from his childhood.

"I'm going to pass out." Lucy whisper-shouts.

"Please don't!" Francesca replies. "LANDO GET OFF!"

"HI! HI! HI! HI!" Lando giggles, having jumped onto Francesca's back.

"Did you have caffeine this morning?" Francesca asks with a laugh.

"No actually." Lando replies.

Jumping back onto the floor, he only then seemed to notice the dramatic blonde lying on the bed. He didn't say anything to Lucy who turned to face him before jumping onto the bed and pinning her wrists above her head to make her squirm.