Part 25

The next morning, Francesca found herself trying not to look like a dried rat.

Normally she didn't care what she looked like and usually was one the trying to make Lucy not care. Even though there was no point because she had to jump into the car later that morning and afternoon, it was now Lucy trying to convince Francesca she looked fine.

The blonde knew that something had happened with Pierre. Francesca had left their room early in the afternoon the day before with the guarantee of returning later on.

Francesca hadn't returned until that morning.

So Lucy was using that fact to tease her best mate.

Eventually wrangling herself out of the door with Lucy in tow, the two women were driven to the track by Niki. Francesca had given strict instruction to Lucy about not mentioning the night before because there would be absolutely no doubt in the world that someone's camera would catch it and it would add more hate to all the hate and rumours that Francesca already got about only being in F1 because she was sleeping with most of the grid and even some of the team principals.

The track was already bustling with people when the three arrived and upon climbing out of the car, Francesca was at the barriers signing things and taking pictures with the fans lining the Melbourne Strip. And when a huge cardboard cut out of Charles was thrown her way, she broke down into laughter as she signed her name right across his forehead.

"He should have that tattooed I think!" She shouts over the noise.

"Thank you!" The group shouted.

It took a good half an hour to walk down the strip because Francesca was determined to get to as many fans as possible even though it was only Saturday.

Even in the paddock, Francesca was stopping for photos and signing different things for fans.

She couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief as she finally got into the motorhome with Niki and Lucy in tow. Niki went off in her own direction whilst the driver and her best friend headed for the drivers rooms to drop off anything they didn't need.

Walking back out into the paddock, Francesca didn't really have anywhere to be going as Lucy walked beside her. The two found themselves casually chatting as they walked.

But Francesca stopped when Lucy stopped, turning to face the blonde woman whose eyebrows were furrowed at something she'd seen before her. Francesca turned her head, following Lucy's line of sight until she came across the two McLaren drivers in bright orange shirts and a blonde girl who was pretty much the same height as Oscar was. Francesca looked away from the trio and back to Lucy, she recognised the other blonde girl immediately and wanted her best friend to connect the dots, but when Lucy didn't, she turned back to the McLaren drivers and their mysterious guest to see that Lando actually had his arm around the woman's shoulders.

Foul move Lando Norris.

Francesca sighed, grabbing Lucy by the wrist and pulling the starstruck blonde through the crowd until they were within earshot of the trio Lucy had been staring at completely unable to figure out who this random blonde girl was.

"HEIDI!" Francesca calls out.

Oscar, Lando and the blonde woman's heads all snapped towards the sound of her voice echoing through the crowds at the same time.

"FRANCESCA!" The girl laughs.

Despite a few very brief meetings back in late 2022 and early 2023. The blonde found herself running towards the brunette and Francesca found herself encasing the younger woman in her arms.