Part 24

Italics is French

"Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes, I'm the real Shady
All you other Slim Shady's are just imitating
So won't the real Shady please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up"

Hugh Bird could not help but laugh as Francesca sang the Eminem lyrics down the radio.

It was the second free practice session of the day and the Red Bull driver was much more upbeat compared to the race a week before.

The heat of the Australian sun was pelting down on everyone present at the track and the heat was absolutely sweltering, especially when you were strapped into a car that heated massively when driving high speeds buried underneath layer upon layer of protective clothes.

"THE WATER IS FUCKING BOILING!" Francesca shouts down the radio.

"You've been in Formula One for four years and only just realised this?" Hugh laughs.

"Of course I knew it already!" Francesca groans. "But its disgusting!"

"I do apologise for the boiling hot water, Fran." Hugh sighs.

"I don't accept your apology." She grumbles.

"At least your getting a drink and we aren't starving you of water like Ferrari did to Kimi."

"Another day, another Ferrari fuck up."

"Exactly."

"You know, the day I find out that Carlos or Charles have raced with no drinking system is the day that Ferrari accidently goes up in flames."

"I don't know if I should take that threat seriously or not."

"I'm most definitely, 100 percent joking."

Hearing areas of the conversation between Francesca and Hugh be broadcasted around the world left people forgetting that Francesca was actually driving around an oddly shaped circle at nearly 300kmh when she was hitting her highest speeds. She sounded so calm down the radio that it was almost like she was chilling on the pit wall with him as they spoke.

The Red Bull driver fell quiet as she began yet another flying lap, although this time, she was on a new set of hard tyres trying to figure out the degradation for them to see which tyres would be best used in the upcoming race on Sunday. Her lap times had been flying to the top of the board, pushing Max back out of the P1 he had claimed whilst Francesca was in the garage as he was out on track and every lap she did, she seemed to only get faster.

Bringing the car back into the pit lane at the end of the session, Francesca climbed out and pulled her helmet off.

Within seconds, she was tying her race suit around her waist and walking out into the pit lane, chucking a bottle of water over her head to cool herself down.

The woman grinned as she approached the pit wall where Christian and Hugh were still sat.

"Great job today." Christian says to his driver, patting her on the shoulder.

"Thanks." Francesca replies before turning to Hugh. "Get everything we need."

"Yep, your laps were amazing." Hugh replies.

"Of course they were, I'm Francesca fucking Lewis - why do you think they were P1 the entire time?" She questions with a grin.

Walking away from the pit wall, Francesca headed back towards the garage, she fist bumped with Max as she passed him before taking her cap and water bottle from Niki and exiting the garage to go and find Kaitlyn for some media duties before she was free for the day.