Part 19

Underlined is Commentary
Bold is Radio Calls

"AND ITS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO! FRANCESCA LEWIS STEAMS AHEAD OF MAX VERSTAPPEN BUT THE DUTCHMAN IS CLOSE ON HER TAIL!"

Francesca checked her mirrors before turning the first corner, she had just enough of a gain on Max that he wouldn't be able to overtake and with no DRS at the moment, she had time to break him out of her DRS zone to shoot away from him.

The woman grinned to herself as she pressed her foot down after the breaking zone.

Nothing would stop her from winning this time.

The first lap ticked by at an incredible rate, Francesca seemed to be disappearing off into the sunset away from the rest of the grid but Max was right on her tail.

He would not get out of her DRS zone.

No matter what she tried to do.

"AND THAT IS MAX VERSTAPPEN! HE'S GONNA GO FOR IT INTO THE SECOND CORNER AND HE DOES IT PERFECTLY! MAX VERSTAPPEN SNATCHES THE LEAD OF THE RACE FROM HIS TEAMMATE AS THEY RUSH AWAY FROM THE REST OF THE GRID!"

"AH FUCK!"

"Its alright, Fran. You can still catch him."

"This motherfucker is just salty I didn't let him have P1 in quali."

As hard as she tried, over the next two laps Max only broke away from her. Francesca constantly cursed down the radio, mostly in French because she was angry.

More at herself for letting Max get past her than at anything else.

She stormed after her teammate and eventually got close enough to be able to make out the words on his back wing. But in classic Francesca fashion, she waited and bided her time behind to make him stress out before she swooped past him.

Her signature move.

Once again she disappeared off into the sunset.

Without Max right behind her this time.

Each lap seemed to tick by slowly despite the speeds she was driving.

Francesca had her own, much younger voice playing in her ear, begging her to get the win.

She had managed to break away from Max but he was not far behind and was beginning to gain again.

The scrap for first between the Red Bull's was not as fun as the one from Bahrain.

They spent so much time sat behind each other instead of bickering that Sky Sports showed the more intense battles of the midfield to their viewers.

Of which, was the Lewis' who were still very much on edge as they kept their fingers crossed.

The midfield was going crazy for position way behind the top two. Fernando had managed to get a good gap on the car in fourth place and was holding securely onto third.

The two McLaren's were struggling, so were the Ferrari's and Lewis and George were engaged in some good fights in the Mercs.

When the pit stops came, there was a good mix up.

Francesca pitted first for Red Bull and dropped down the rankings. With other cars following suit, the people out of the top ten became the top ten.

And by the time Max pitted two laps later, Francesca managed to undercut him and put many cars between them.

Lap 25 turned to lap 30, lap 30 became lap 35 all in the blink of an eye. Despite her gap to Max after the pit stop, the Dutchman was not finished with the battle and continued to chase after her, setting fastest lap after fastest lap until he was back in DRS.