Part 38

Italics is French

"YOU ARE SO ANNOYING MAX!"

"I'M ANNOYING?! YOUR THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON TO EVER WALK THIS PLANET, FRANCESCA!"

"Your championship leader, ladies and gents."

Francesca Lewis screamed at the British accent that echoed through the air.

Abandoning her teammate who had been bullying her ever since stepping out of the car after the final practice session, she beelined for Jenson Button who leant against a wall nearby.

"Just leave me! Thanks Fran!" Max shouts.

"You're welcome!" She shouts back. "JB!"

"FCL!" Jenson Button laughs.

She almost knocked him sideways as she barrelled towards him, confusing many of the fans around the paddock because since when had Francesca Lewis been close friends with Jenson Button?

Since Fernando Alonso introduced them in 2021.

A duo who had brought Sebastian Vettel close to many heart attacks ever since.

"What are you doing here?" She laughs.

"Came to see my old mates didn't I!" Jenson shrugs. "And my fake wife."

"Of course of course." Francesca grins.

Max Verstappen eventually rejoined his teammate and the former world champion before becoming engrossed by his phone with a not-so-subtle smile on his face. Francesca couldn't help but catch a look at the screen and nudge him at the name written across the top causing Max to groan and shove his phone back into his pocket.

"So, Fran." Jenson starts. "Kissed Pierre yet?"

"Oh for fucks sake." Francesca mutters.

"I'll take that as a no, admitted your feelings for him yet?"

"Would you shut up?"

"Another no?!"

Jenson Button tuts, shaking his head as Max grinned from the other side of his now very annoyed teammate who was glaring daggers towards her fellow Brit.

"Who told you?" She questions.

"Franierre is the fans favourite ship." Jenson replies, although his grin said otherwise.

"Remind me to beat the absolute shit out of Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel." Francesca turns to Max.

"Emergency meeting." Max mutters, pulling out his phone and pretending to type a message. "Hide your Fernando's and your Seb's."

"You're such a twat!" Francesca groans.

Max squeals as Francesca smacks his arm, jumping to the side until she was reigned into the arms of Jenson Button who kept her locked in his embrace as they continued to walk down the paddock.

It was a right sight to see.

"Have you said hello to your boyfriend yet, JB?"

"Who's my boyfriend?"

"Fernando."

"FRANCESCA LEWIS!"

Her loud laughter echoed through the paddock as she took off running with the former world champion in hot pursuit. It wasn't long before she'd been caught by Jenson and placed into a headlock which she only broke free of because she started screaming for help.

"Jenson!" The Spanish accent of Fernando Alonso echoed through the air.

"Your boyfriend!" Francesca gasps.