Part 22

"DANIELLLLL RICCIARDOOOOOO!"

The overly energetic Aussie snapped his head round when he heard his name being shouted from the familiar British accent tinged with French. His smile, which was already huge from meeting so many fans on the Melbourne strip, only grew at the sight of his chaotic French counterpart and her blonde haired WAG.

"FRANNYYYYYY MARTINNNNNN!" He calls back.

"YOU MADE IT WORK!?" Francesca gasps.

"Of course I did!" Daniel says with a laugh. "Hi Lucy Loo."

"Danny Ric." Lucy greets.

The third driver threw his arms around the blonde woman before pulling away and putting an arm around Francesca's shoulders, sandwiching himself in between the two women.

"Well done on your win, Fran." He says with a happy smile.

"Thanks, Danny." Francesca replies with an equally as wide smile.

The three walked down the paddock, it was the Thursday morning of the Australian Grand Prix weekend and many of the drivers were only just getting over their jet lag. Francesca and Lucy were happily listening to their Aussie friend talk about his family and friends but he quickly stopped talking and held a wide grin when he saw the Alpine boys doing an interview.

"PIERREEEE GASLYYYYY!" Daniel calls out.

"DANIELLLLL RIIIIIICCIARDOOOOOOOO!" Pierre calls back, smiling as the Aussie bounded over.

Breaking away from Francesca and Lucy, Daniel rushed over to Pierre and Esteban and placed his arms around their shoulders, wide smile never fading from his lips.

Francesca and Lucy wandered over as well, greeting Natalie Pinkman who was supposed to be interviewing the two French drivers, before Francesca stood next to Pierre and stood on her toes to flick his forehead causing him to laugh and wrap his arm around her shoulders.

"I see you brought your WAG with you this weekend." Pierre raises his eyebrows.

"The one and only." Francesca grins.

"Good to see you, Luce." Pierre grins at the blonde.

"And you." Lucy waves back.

"Now, as much I would love to continue interrupting your interview, I have to go and find a certain Australian McLaren driver and his American counterpart." Francesca states.

"Of course you do." Pierre laughs, letting her slip out from under his arm.

"Love you!" Francesca shouts as she walks away.

"Love you too!" Pierre calls back.

As Francesca and Lucy departed down the paddock, Pierre turned around to face his teammate and Daniel who was still sandwiched between the Alpine drivers. When he did turn to face them, both Esteban and Daniel were smirking causing Pierre to sigh and give them a look.

"Shut it." He points at them both.

"Didn't say anything." Esteban remarks.

"Neither, mate." Daniel adds, putting his hands up in defence.

Francesca was practically dragging Lucy through the paddock.

After walking away from Daniel, Esteban and Pierre, Francesca had spotted the not so subtle bright orange t-shirt of Oscar Piastri and had taken off into a run to catch up with the Australian rookie driver she had come to love. Calling out his name, her voice was drowned out by the obnoxiously loud crowd of dans scattering the paddock at that very moment but as soon as she was within earshot of the Aussie driver, Oscar turned to look over his shoulder.