Part 3.

Aelar's Pov,

"So Aegon conquered these lands with his sister wives and their dragons?" I ask as me and Viserys walk through the garden together, we've been talking a lot about how they got power and well me and my family. It is nice he is a nice man but a docile one.  

"They did Aegon believed that Westeros had to be united under one king, he flew on Balerion the Black Dread and united the lands." He says and I tilt my head at him. "The teeny tiny Balerion? Come on you must be joking Aaemar left with 5 dragons and Balerion was the size of a large dog when he did." I say with a chuckle and his head snaps in my direction. 

"You knew him?" He asks and I give him a nod. "Of course I did, tiny thing but a strong will black scales and wings." I say and he lets a smile grow on his face. "He grew and grew until he was the largest Targaryen Dragon with Aegon as his rider they conquered Westeros together." He says and I remember that thing as a tiny dragon but it's been 2 centuries dragons grow until they die. 

And this Aegon conquered all these lands with three dragons and his wives? I've seen the map and it's large not as  large as Essos or how big the Valyrian Freehold was but still it's all being ruled by one king.

"I always wished to be able to see Valyria in it's prime when dragons flew through the sky, how the people lived, how they looked. And here you come along the man who would have been king over the strongest and largest empire the world has ever seen." He says and I give him a nod. 

"It was beautiful, topless towers, sphinxes and dragons decorating the place, dragons flying around everywhere,  and in the middle there was this huge dome where you have the pyramid it started as one but once you reached the top it was a dome with glass covering the ceiling and spots where the dragon lords could land before walking towards the meetings." I say and he gives me a quick nod. 

"That was my home I used to run around in there play with my parents, train to be a warrior or be thought how to one day be king."  I now breathe out and he gives me a symptomatic smile before placing his hand on my shoulder. "This can be your home now Aelar, we've always believed we were the last of our kind the last Dragon Lords who survived the Doom but we are not, you do not have to be alone if that is not what you wish my home is open to you." He says with a tiny bow and I give him a nod. 

"I am no king you do not have to bow for me, but even if this is not what I am used to I think I will stick around for some time until I have figured things out. Valyria is a dangerous place and I do not believe it will ever go back to how it was, everyone is gone my parents, my betrothed, the dragons, the people and from what you've told me all of our outposts aren't ours anymore. " I say as I look at him. 

"Many things have been lost about Valyria and the Dragon Lords and yet the name of House Vaelyreos I have read about, that they where seen as the King's and Queens of the Freehold you Aelar where born to one day be king and I am sorry that you went through everything but I am happy you've found your way here. I may need your counsel." He speaks and I give him a hesitant nod. 

"I can give you my advise but I will not help you with Blood Magic if that is what you wish, turns out we all had a bigger price to pay than just the sacrifices in the end and I will not bring it to this world." I speak and he gives me a smile as he pats my shoulder. "I will not ask you to do such things you are not comfortable with, but I have a political head ache that maybe you can help me with." He says as we start to walk again and I place my hands on my back while a grin appears on my face. 

"And I believe it has to do with your daughter, she holds the blood of a dragon even I can see it." I say and he gives me a nod. "Rhaenyra she is restless but she is of age and needs to wed. I try and try to speak about it with her but she simply does not wish to listen." He says and I give him a nod before coming to a stop on a large open spot in the garden. 

"She is very beautiful." I say before whistling loudly and after a couple of seconds a almost ground shaking roar is being heard before a large shadow flies over while I see Viserys almost look in shock as Arrax lands on the ground and he barely fits on the opening. "He's almost as big as Balerion was." He breaths out as Arrax leans his head down and I run my hand over his pale white scales. 

"Arrax is not done growing before we where put in a sleep he was 139 years old, and there are dragons who live to be the double of that age." I speak as a purring like sound leaves Arrax's body. 

"I will strike you a bargain one that may give you what you wish and one that may give me what I wish." I say as I look at Viserys who I think knows where I am going with this. "You wish to wed Rhaenyra." He speaks and I give him a nod, she is beautiful, is a dragon and if I wed her one day I would become king of these lands. I can't go back to Valyria but I was born and thought to one day be king and I can make these lands great. 

"Indeed I do, when you pass we will rule these lands together. Your line will mix together with mine, do you not wish for your grandchildren to bare the name Vaelyreos the name of the King's and Queens of Valyria to have that blood mixing together with yours." I say before taking my own dagger from my back as I walk back over to him. 

"I do not hold a army or many riches, I have myself, the things I know and Arrax that is what I can offer you. But like you said I was born to be King." I say before holding the dagger out in his direction. 

"This has been in my house for many generations passed down from father to son, let me wed her and one day I will give it to our son who one day will rule. Your house is the last Dragon Rider house that survived the doom and I am the last of a world that now is long gone, together we can make Westeros a new Valyria." I say as I place my free hand on his shoulder and he looks between me and Arrax. 

 "If she feels forced she will turn against the both of us, but you are right together we can do great things for Westeros. You will wed Rhaenyra and our bloodlines will mix together the last of the Dragon Lords will become one." He says and I put the dagger back where it belongs while a smile appears on my face. 

"Do not worry I can be quite the charmer, I will charm my way into your daughters heart. But I promise you we will rule together as equals when I get betrothed to her you make this clear to all your lords and ladies." I say as I look him dead in the eyes. 

"It will be known, for now let us have dinner you must be hungry." He says and I give him a nod before I turn towards Arrax. "Find Rhaenyra's dragon just like I have to charm so will you have to Arrax." I say making him release a screech before flying off again while the ground slightly shakes from his size. 

"You are adjusting better to everything than I would have expected." Viserys says making me release a sigh as we start to walk back towards the Red Keep. "There is nothing I can change about what has happened I think deep down we knew that one day there would be a prize to be paid but many of the Dragon Lords thought they where more than gods that nothing could ever touch us, in the end they where wrong my parents knew in that moment we would all die but they gave their lives for me so that I could live, I can not throw away what they have given me this chance, maybe I my path was to be led here from the beginning that I was never meant to live that life. There is grief inside of my body, and a rage that wishes to be led out and find justice for my people, for the dragons and my parents but how can I fight a war against something that we where most likely responsible for ourselves?" 

Author's Note, 

Vote and comment! 

Pa-=tr-=-E-==on The-Last-Wolf1998