Part 5.

Aelar's Pov, 

Some Days Later. 

Even if this is different than how I used to live, it is still nice in a way? I don't know I miss Valyria the dragons who flew around the Topless Towers, the people and my parents they knew we would die but they gave their life for me before the destruction could get them. We never really practiced blood magic because of the sacrifices that had to be made for it, sure it is very powerful magic but also very dangerous we rather stayed away from it. But Valyria was home, and now it's just gone. I've been asleep for 2 centuries and the world in those years changed, there was a Century of Blood where Essos was in a war for power since the Valyrian Freehold was no more.  The Dragon Lords that where in some of the cities and outposts were slayed since they did not have to worry about Valyria sending 300 dragons as when they did when The Roynar killed 2 dragons, people were afraid to go against us. But with Valyria and almost everyone gone there was nothing stopping them from taking out the last few Dragon Lords and their dragons. 

The Idiot Aurion survived and he gathered 30,000 men to fight for him after he declared himself first empire of Valyria but he was a fool to have gone back there, they simply never returned I'm lucky me and Arrax were able to get out. Of course I would wish to have my home back to rebuild what was broken, to gain the things we've lost but I am sure that Valyria will now forever be a haunted place, that the air will remain red and toxic. It will probably forever be something of the past, to never be seen again a Freehold like that. And maybe it's for the better? It was beautiful and home but many got corrupted by the Blood Magic they wanted more and more nothing could fill them anymore. 

"You seem lost in thoughts." Viserys says as he walks over, we are almost ready to leave for the hunt. "Because I was, many would have wished to have rebuild the Valyrian Freehold. It is something that plages my mind too, but I don't think Valyria will ever be free of the Doom." I answer and he gives me a nod. 

"Balerion we believe once went back to Valyria with his rider Princess Area she claimed him one morning, and everyone searched and searched for them put out rewards for any information. But no one saw them, how could the biggest dragon alive simply disappear? One year later Balerion landed in the Red Keep, his body had wounds and half-healed scars on his side was a 9 feet long wound that blood was still dropping from, Princes Area was weak and sick she died not long after that. Many believe she was not strong minded enough to bed Balerion to her will and he took her to the place he rem-" He starts before I cut him off. 

"You all believe he took her to Valyria, it was his home the place he was born. A Fire Wyrm could be a match for a Dragon depending both of their sizes, they may have been able to survive deep underneath the ground when the doom happened. But what happened after that?" I ask him and he points towards a large dome like building in the distance. 

"The Dragon Pitt was build, it houses the dragons." He says and my head whips in his direction. They house their dragons?! They should be able to fly around freely and lay their nest where ever they wish! 

"You should not lock the dragons up, it is cruel and they deserve to free around freely as they wish." I say as I look him dead in the eyes. "And what if people get harmed? That young dragons bring chaos and death with them? What happens when the people turn against the dragons, it is the safest way for everyone." Viserys speaks and I shake my head. 

"If a Dragon Rider can not control it's dragon it is not worthy of one, I was 5 when I claimed Arrax who had been riderless for over 80 years after the passing of my great-grandfather Amaerio  he chose me and I chose him. We've been together ever since, the more time you spend with your dragon the more in tune you are with them listen." I say before I close my eyes and just think of Arrax coming to me. And after a couple of minutes a loud roar is being heard making a smile appear on my face.