Part 20

Aelar's Pov, 

Some Weeks Later. 

Feeling fingers  move over my back I release a satisfied groan as I move my head in the direction of Rhaenyra while my eyes remain closed. "Do you ever wonder why you have this tattoo? You spoke that you had not gotten it and yet it is as real on your skin as that we lay here." She asks and I shrug my shoulders. "Why would I spend many days or weeks wondering why I have it when I can do things that can help us in the future, I have it maybe it has a reason maybe someone found me in my sleep and put it on my back. It is probably something that will never be answered." I mumble as my eyes remain closed at this moment. 

"So you never think about it or the words hidden on the daggers?" 

"We were meant to be together, they knew about the doom, they knew that Valyria would be destroyed and that it would be rebuild. For the rest I do not plague my mind with things that the people who have answers to have been long gone." I say as I move on my side and slowly open my eyes only to have hers already staring at me. 

"Maybe your parents didn't kn-" 

"They did know, when the ground began to shake, the fire came out of the fourteen flames and smoke filled the air for miles and miles they knew what to do." I mumble before moving to sit up in the bed while a sign leaves my lips. 

"They saved you Aelar, their only child we would have done the same." She says as she sits up and I feel her lay her chin on my shoulder. "We do not have children Rhaenyra." I say with a roll of my eyes. 

"No but in some moons we will." She says and it takes a couple of seconds for the words to truly enter my brain before I quickly turn my head in her direction. "You are with child?" I ask her with wide eyes and she shyly nods her head. She is with child! 

"The Maester said it is still early but yes." She says and I let the biggest smile ever grow on my face as I turn my body in her direction and look towards her stomach. "A strong dragon is growing inside of you." I say as I move my hand onto her stomach with the smile still plastered on my face. 

We will be parents, a child born out of the last two lines of Dragon Lords will be born and I will gift it a kingdom there has never been before. It will not have the flaws of Old Valyria, it will be everything that was but better, no slavery, no blood magic. 

"But what if it isn't." Rhaenyra says just above a whisper making me move my head up until our eyes meet. "My mother had 2 stillborns , two pregnancies ended long before their turn, and one died in the cradle what if I cannot bear a child? That I am just like her, here to produce heirs while my body cannot?" She says as a tear runs down her cheek and I lay my hand on her cheek. 

"I wish to have you for you, do not fear what may not happen. I am here no matter what but a dragon is growing inside of you and we will give them Valyria." I say before leaning forward and playing my lips against hers as I pull her closer to me. 

..........................

Walking into the chambers of Viserys I see him sitting on his chair overlooking the rebuild Valyria he has before his head turns in my direction. "Ow Aelar.... I've heard you send Jason Lannister away?" He asks before some coughs leave his lips and I give him a nod before sitting on the chair opposite him. 

"I have, building the outposts is cheaper than when the Triarchy emerges again, if we leave the Step Stones unguarded, they will emerge." I speak as i grab two cups and fill them with some wine before handing him one. 

"It is smart....... to do cut them off before..... they can bring chaos again." He heavily says and I give him a nod. "But I need you to accept something for me and after that I will give you good news." I say as I let a small smirk appear on my face before taking a sip from the wine. 

"You already lead in my leave.... what is it Aelar?" He asks and I let a small smile grow on my face. "Helena, I wish for her to wed my firstborn son that way the Targaryen line and mine will be intertwined once again." I speak and he releases a breathy chuckle. 

"We have never talked about what name would be passed down to your and Rhaenyra's heir." He speaks and I raise my brow at him. "I like you Viserys I truly do but my children will carry the name Vaelyreos."

"You wish for our history to go away? As..... if we never ruled?" He coughs out and I take another sip from the cup before pointing at Valyria. "Am I not king of that? The greatest Empire there has ever been. You knew this would be when you accepted my offer. The name Targaryen will be known you have my word but no more as kings and queens." 

"Helena....... and your firstborn son." He coughs out before I get up and walk over to the door, opening it I hold my hand out for Rhaenyra who takes it as we now both walk back into the room, I asked her about this if she wishes to let our son marry Helena and she thinks it will strengthen the bond between or two houses but also the families. 

"Rhaenyra...." Viserys breaths out as we move to stand in front of him before I let a smile grow once again on my face as I play my hand on Rhaenyra's stomach.  "A dragon is growing." I say with my accent and it takes him a couple of seconds before he slowly and shakingly gets up and walks over to us. 

"You are.... with child?" He asks her and she gives him a small nod before now a smile appears on his face. "I w-will be a grandsire, I am happy.... for the b-both of you." He says with some coughs before I help him sit down again. 

The arm it is making him weaker and weaker I do not know how much longer he can keep it, the rotting is spreading there faster than in other parts of his body. But I cannot tell him what to do, he should cut it off but that is his discission and not mine. 

"Yes you will be a grandsire in some months." Rhaenyra says as she lean her body against mine and I wrap my arm around her. "Y-you were right.... with what you did..... Daemon he would have..... n-never backed down." Viserys says with some coughs and heavy breaths and I give him a small nod. Deamon was arrogant and a wild card he would have never backed me, and he would have always wished to have the Iron Throne for himself and Rhaenyra. He had to go, did I wish to do it on our wedding day? No but he gave me the perfect opportunity and I took it. 

"He was your brother but now he is in the past, our child will not have to fear anything as it is the future together and I will bring all of those down who seek to harm him or her." 

"You speak as if it will have many.... enemies, t-this child is the future." He says and I give him a small nod. "Indeed, it is and therefor it will always be in danger just like us, there are people who will always wish to have what is ours. But this one is a dragon, it will have a dragon and none will dare to go against them." I say before putting my hand on Rhaenyra's stomach again with a smile on my lips. 

"I would burn the world for you little one." I whisper making my wife raise her brow at me. "Dramatic much?" 

"Just wait until you have them in your arms, you will feel the same." 

Author's Note, 

Vote and comment! 
PA-=t-=reon The-Last-Wolf1998