Part 7

Aelar's Pov, 

Putting some more wood on the fire I soon walk over to my clothes and they are still completely drenched, I still have my trousers on since I do not wish for her to see something she does not wish to see so yeah wet trousers is the way for now. 

"So the lion he will not be the one?" I ask her as I sit down next to her making her raise her brow at me. "Why do I have to wed, I am Princess of Dragon Stone and still he tries to direct my life." She states and I shrug my shoulders as I grab the daggers that where once my parents. 

"It's your duty, just like it's mine and those who came before us. Many people think since we are Princes and Princesses, we can do whatever we want, but we have the eye of the people on us all the time. Lexela she was beautiful, sweet and kind but I would not have chosen her if it was not the best for Valyria and our parents did not make that decision. But it was my duty to do what I needed to do, to say yes I will one day wed her, she will become my queen and we will have children." 

"Did you not say we are dragons?" She counters and I turn to look in her direction. "We are, but would it have been better for my people to let out houses continue to fight and maybe one day die out? Or that we would have peace within Valyria, that two houses would become one and they would rule together side by side? Sometimes even we have to do what is best for the sheep Rhaenyra even if deep down we may not want it." I say and she shakes her head. 

"So who will you wed? Father has been keeping you around like you are his child, people now see you as King because of his speech earlier. While I am getting sold of for a army, a fleet or a stupid rock." She say with a little bite to it before I turn my head to the side as I hear some noise in the bushes making me slowly get up with my daggers in hand. 

Tilting my head I soon hear a stupid boar run out of the bushes and I throw my dagger his way making it connect with his head as he soon slams into the ground while I shake my head. "See this is no fun, we should have gone for the Fir-" I start before a groan leaves my lips as something slams into me. 

Hearing the squealing of the boar and the grunts from Rhaenyra I quickly get up before i start to stab the animal with my second dagger while Rhaenyra does the same with hers until I shove the animal off of her and let my eyes move over her bloodied state. "If Fire Wyrm hunting goes like this I am never coming with you." She states and I release a small chuckle. "Are you hurt though?" I ask as I hold my hand out and she shakes her hear before I pull her up. 

"You did good, covered in the blood of your enemy." I say as I look her up and down with a small grin on my face, she looks even hotter like this. "A boar is not my enemy." 

"Everything and everyone is your enemy, they all want something from you. The Lion wishes for you to wed him, the Tower wishes to have his own blood on the Iron Throne, Your uncle wishes the same, every man and woman will in the end  be loyal to their house and their blood. You as Queen will have the duty to have to work with these people for your kingdom and the people in it, many snakes will come to you even more than now who wish your name and your Valyrian blood." I say while her eyes search mine. 

"You haven't answered my question who will you wed? I do not believe you will simply go from being king to being a lord." She counters making a chuckle leave my lips. "If you already know that than why ask who I wish to wed when you already know the answer? Now I am going to make sure we can take these with us back to camp it is good to show people you are not afraid to kill and get dirty when it comes to it." I say before I grab one of the boars and lift it over my shoulder with a grunt.