Part 8.

Aelar's Pov.

Some days later, 

Bringing the hammer down on the metal I feel the sweat run down my body, Viserys did set up a forgery and I have been working on something to give to Rhaenyra. I always loved to smith, I've been doing it from a young age it's hard work but I don't know it brings me peace?

Looking the metal over I tilt my head as I put it down on the ground and turn towards Arrax. "Make it as strong as a dragons Scales." I begin as I close my eyes and I hear him breathe his fire onto it. 

"Make it as sharp as it's teeth.

"Let it be as light as he who gives his fire is in the sky."   I speak as Arrax continues to breathe fire before he stops as I snap my eyes open again, this is just a tiny part of making Valyrian steel it comes with well a lot of fire and spells.  Some are like these who I will have to repeat so many times, but  in the end it will be worth it. Even now it's not sure if the steel has survived the breath of Arrax it happens many times but if it has survived it will in a couple of weeks be Valyrian steel. 

Looking down at the dagger I pick it up with the tongs before quickly putting it in the water, hearing it sizzle I pull it out before walking back over to the anvil as I look the dagger over before hammering it more into the shape I want. 

"She knows." Viserys says as he walks over and I look up from my work briefly. "You got a earful I guess, she's been ignoring me since I slipped up but I think deep down she knows this is part of our duty." I speak as I turn back towards the dagger. 

"In all surprise I did not get a earful, maybe she has listened to your words instead of listening to the things I've been saying for many years." He says and I shrug my shoulders. "She is not dumb, she is smart but also naive , scared she will be replaced by Aegon but when she had the chance to take down the White Hart to show all the Lords that she was meant to rule she did not want to do it. She does not wish to wed a man from a great house that could strengthen her claim but what could they offer her? Gold? Armies? These people here will never understand us, how we think, how we are fueled by fire that is inside of us." I speak before holding the now cold steel out in his direction. 

"It is beautiful." He says as he takes it and looks the metal over. "It will be when it is done, now it is steel with time and work it will be Valyrian steel. It will be my gift to her, but something else troubles you." I say as I put the thongs down and look at him. "My brother Daemon he went to war in the Step Stones against the Triarchy the Crab Feeder has been winning so far but how can I send help to two idiots who went against my wishes? It's better for the realm if they win but Daemon he is already a thorn in my flesh as he is." He speaks and I give him a shrug. 

"Well looks like your family is aways a thorn in your flesh if it is not your brother it is your daughter, but your wife is right it is better for Westeros if he wins but do not worry I will go and make sure it will happen." I say as I pat his shoulder. "It is not your w-" 

"Is it not? We made a deal Viserys one day I will rule with Rhaenyra, Westeros will be ours to keep safe so I will fly to the stepstones and deal with this Crab Feeder so it will take the honor away from your brother who would otherwise shove it in your face. Do not worry we will be back soon it is also good to show the Velaryon's that I know where they came from and what they have they should be thankful off instead of acting like they are kings." I say before walking away from him and towards my chambers where my armor and weapons lie.