Part 12.

Aelar's Pov, 

Walking into Viserys chambers I see him there with Rhaenyra but for the first time truly my eyes fall upon the dagger making me walk over before I take it. Letting my eyes move over the words on it I tilt my head to the side before I grab the dagger that where my mothers and father as I put them both in the flames, I have seen those words before or at least something similar. 

"Where did you get this?" I ask Viserys as I look at the dagger. "That dagger once belonged to Aegon the Conqueror. It was Aenar's before that. And before that... Well, it is difficult to know." 

"Before that it was mine, it was the first Valyrian steel I crafted with my father at the age of 6." I say as I continue to look the dagger over with a small smile on my lips, it looks bad in comparison with other things I crafted but still it carries good memories with it. 

"We worked for weeks on end on this dagger there is a reason there has been no more Valyrian steel made not only because no one knows how to make it but also because no one can even if they wanted." I say as I look at him. "Y-you made this dagger?" Viserys asks and I give him a nod before turning the handle around and a click is being heard. Pulling the handle off the bottom half of the steal comes into view and I put the end back in the fire. 

"I did, there are only a few people left alive that could make Valyrian steel and that is because only the Dragon Lords where able to craft it for the magic they hold in their veins and because it is made with dragon fire. That's why long ago it was even called Dragon Steel, they tried to get the dragons to work with slaves or smiths to optimize the production but if the breath of a dragon is to hot it will turn the steel into ash if it is to cold it will never be Valyrian steel. The Rider and the Dragon have to be in tune with each other for the perfect temperature." I say as I take my  daggers out and look at the words. 

"When the sky colors red and the air becomes unbreathable." I begin to read mothers dagger before turning it around.  "The Dragons fall down and our lands will be  no more, he will be put to sleep." I finish before looking at Dad's dagger. "When he wakes the Golden and Red dragon will become one." I say before now turning it around while a frown appears on my face. 

"What has been lost will be build again as." I finish with a frown before I look towards the handle of the Dagger I made all those years ago and the frow only grows by the added words that are put down in the steel making me grab it. "From the Ashes we will Rise with Fire and Blood."  I finish before taking a shaky step back. 

How could they have known? These daggers belonged to my ancestors, they were forged in the fires of Valyria long before the Doom. How could they have foreseen the cataclysm that would wipe out our civilization? And if they did, why didn't they warn anyone? Why didn't we all follow the Targaryens and flee to a safer land? We could have rebuilt our empire elsewhere, we could have saved so many lives. But instead, they left them to perish in the flames and ash.

"When the sky colors red and the air becomes unbreathable, The Dragons fall down and our lands will be no more, he will be put to sleep. When he wakes the Golden and Red dragon will become one, What has been lost will be build again as From the Ashes we will Rise with Fire and Blood. They knew? That Valyria would be destroyed and you would find your way here?" Rhaenyra says with some disbelief, and I take a deep breath before quickly  walking out of the room. 

.......................................................................................