Heart's Siren 2/2

Raghav returned home with a huge smile, his happiness showing in every step. His mom noticed and asked, "What happened, Raghav? You seem extra happy."

Grinning, he said, "Mom, today was amazing! I found Ayushi, the girl from the temple. She's a doctor. I helped her at the hospital."

His mom was surprised, "You found her? That's great! How did you meet her again?"

Excitedly, Raghav shared the story, from the hospital chaos to Ayushi treating his injury. His parents listened, and joy filled the room.

His mom couldn't contain her excitement, "Ayushi, the doctor! That's fantastic. We should invite her for dinner!"

Raghav laughed, "Mom, let's not rush things. I just got to know her. But I promise, when the time is right, I'll introduce you both. For now, let's celebrate."

As days passed, Raghav observed Ayushi's dedication to her work at the hospital. He felt proud and admired her commitment.

One day, Ayushi unexpectedly walked into the hospital room where Raghav and his friend Aman were talking. Their eyes met, creating a brief but intense moment.

Breaking the silence, Aman introduced them, unaware of their previous encounter. Raghav and Ayushi hid their connection, and the room buzzed with friendly introductions.

As the days turned into months, Raghav and Ayushi's connection deepened. They met often, sharing laughter and dreams.

One evening, after dinner with Raghav's parents, the teasing reached new heights. Sanjay and Vichitra poked fun at the couple, making them blush.

With a grin, Sanjay said, "Ayushi, you're always welcome. You make our no-nonsense ACP smile like a teenager."

As the night ended, Raghav offered to drop Ayushi home. The city lights created a warm ambiance as they walked. Ayushi, feeling a surge of emotions, hesitated for a moment.

In that moment, she decided to express her feelings. With sudden boldness, Ayushi kissed Raghav's cheek.

Time paused as Raghav felt the warmth. Ayushi whispered, "Thank you for being my unexpected joy, Raghav. I think I fell for you."

She continued, "I first saw you in traffic, fighting criminals. It started as a crush, but now my heart beats crazy for you."

Before he could respond, she said, "Don't say anything now. Tell me your answer tomorrow."

Raghav, wanting to kiss her, stopped himself, planning to express his feelings and propose the next day.

As Ayushi unlocked her door, they exchanged smiles, the unspoken promise of something beautiful between them.

Inside her dimly lit apartment, Ayushi heard a knock. Assuming it was Raghav, she opened, but her joy turned to fear as she saw a shadowy figure. Before she could react, darkness engulfed her.

_NEXT MORNING_

The next morning, on the other side of town, Raghav found himself lost in daydreams of their shared kiss. Filled with anticipation and determination, he decided that today would be the day he confessed his feelings to Ayushi.

Excitement mingled with nervousness as he dialed her number, only to be met with an unanswered call.

Growing increasingly concerned, Raghav rushed to the hospital, seeking information about Ayushi from the receptionist. He approached the desk with urgency, "Excuse me, have you seen Dr. Ayushi today? She's not answering her phone, and I'm really worried."

The receptionist furrowed her brows, "No, she didn't come in today, and there's no record of her taking leave."

Growing increasingly concerned, Raghav rushed to Ayushi's apartment. As he arrived, a chilling feeling gripped him when he noticed the door ajar.