9

Anamika was helping the Gauri in cooking. While Arjun went with the Shankar for hunting.

Both of them came with a deer and some logs of wood which will be used for cooking purposes.

The food was ready so Anamika and the Gauri served the food together, the men had their dinner accompanied by their wife.

They were busy in there conversation when suddenly they heard hustle in the village.

Shankar went outside and asked one of the village for the reason of the commotion.

They replied that they were attacked by some dacoit and advised him to stay inside the house, without waiting for any reply he hurriedly left.

He went inside to inform them about the situation. Arjun along with his men was ready to confront them.

"Hum bhi aapka sath chalenge " Anamika stubbornly said
[I am going along with you]

"Bilkul nhi! Hum aapko sath nhi le ja rahey bahr halat sahi nhi hai"
[No! I won't let you accompany me we don't know what the matter is and it's not safe]

"Hume gyat hai parantu hm aapko akele nhi jane de saktey"
[I understand but I can't let you go alone in this situation ]

"Aap nhi ja rahi ye hmara antim faisla hai"
[You are not going and it's final] he said in a authoritative voice.

He knew his wife was too stubborn to listen to him so he locked the hut from outside.

Here Anamika was trying her best to go out when suddenly her eyes fell upon the window. Her eye lit up and she had a broad smile on her face.

"Baisa aap yaha rahiye hm abhi a rahey"
[Please stay here I am just coming]

"Pr aapko toh aane se mana kiya tha kuwarsa ne?"
[But kuwarsa prohibited you from following him]

"Hm bhi unki ptni hai dekte hai humey kaise rok saktey hai"
[I am his wife let's see who is going to stop me]

She tug the knife on her long skirt and jumped out of the window.

When she came out she noticed all the men of Arjun were fighting the dacoit and Arjun was handling the leader but he didn't notice when someone was trying to attack him from behind.
She stabbed the man who was going to attack him he stumbled a bit and cried in pain.

When Arjun noticed who saved his life he was amazed to see his wife fighting so skillfully.

Both of them were busy in fight Arjun saw that a man tried to attack her he held his wrist and twisted it. The man was screaming in pain since his wrist was broken.

A man came from behind and attacked him his arm got injured in the process but still he fought them bravely.

Both of them finally won and the dacoit was captured by his men.

Every person in the village saw the scene unfold and were in a state to shock.
They bowed their head in respect infront of them.

Whole villagers praised them and were relieved when they finally got rid of the dacoit.

Arjun assured them that there problems too will the solved very soon.

"Hm aapke kuwarsa aap sab ko ashwashan deta hai ki hm ab yha tb hi aayenge jb aab sab ki shikayato ka samadhan milega" he said in his loud and clear voice.

[I assure you all that I will step in this place only after I get solutions of all of yours problems]

"Aap ka shukriya kuwarsa aaj aapke wajah se hmari beti aaj surakshit hai"
[Thanks kuwarsa because of you my daughter is safe now] an old lady said coming out of the crowd with trembling hands which were joined infront of him and kneeled infront of him.

He held he hands and gently made her stand and replied
"Aap kya keh rahi? Hmne koi ahsan nhi kiya blki ye hmara kartavya hai"
[I didn't do any favor but it was my responsibility]

After the situation was solved they went inside the cottage.

Anamika bought the herbal paste along with her

She was about to apply it on his wounds but he made her sit first and took the paste in his hands.

"Aapko humne mna kiya tha na bahr aane se....pr aap sunti kaha hai kabhi hmari "
[I forbid you from coming out....but you never listen to me]

"Humesha aapni baat manwa leti hai aap sukanya"
[You always force me to accept your demands Sukanya]

"Dekhye kitni chot lag gyi ab aapko"
[See how much hurt you are now]

When he lifted his gaze he saw her eyes were brimmed with fresh tears.
Then he realized what he just said.

Without any words he did his work and was about to leave when she held his wrist and said

"Aapko bhi chot lagi hai baithye laga deti hu"
[You too were injured please sit and let me apply the paste]

He sat there and Anamika applied the paste on his wounds.

When she was done she took the bowl and left without uttering any words.

Arjun was a bit guilty for his behavior but didn't have the courage to apologize to her.

On the other hand Anamika was staring at the moon silently.
While her mind was in chaos.