Chapter 1 Introduction

Hi my name is Elsie Adachi. I am 20-years-old and this is the story of my life. I bet you are wondering why I am telling you a story about my life. Probably thinking that this is going to be a normal story just like everyone else in the world. Just to say... that it's not a normal story. It is kind of a long, sad and complicated but exciting story. There are a lot of things that happen in my story and it might take a while.

Before I say anymore I should say something shocking. You see I have superpowers; like the kinds that you would read in comic books and fantasy stories.

The superpowers manifest when you're about 4-5 (older than that and you won't have a power) years old. It could happen suddenly or slowly as time passes by. Also your appearance changes as well. It could be drastic or just a little bit to where you can't tell. When it's finally done the change is permanent. Some could even have more than one power.

At the moment they don't know what is causing this but they do know that whatever is causing this it's not harming the people. Of course everyones is different, no two powers are the same, there are subtle differences. They believe that down the line (in the very far future) the superpower will be the same, stronger, or weaker in generations. Some could even be born without powers. At the moment it only affects about 10% of the world's population.
I would tell you what kind of superpowers I have now as well as my appearance and how it drastically changed, but I think it would be better to wait and see what they are within the story.

Anyways, the reason why I am telling my life story now is because something huge happened. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to ruin the story but basically, I was betrayed by someone I love.

The other people, who are just like me with superpowers, are in hiding or have been captured. On my adventure, I ran into some of them. Now whether that would be a good or bad thing... You would have to wait and listen to the rest of the story.

It turns out the other people had a bad start about the whole thing. I was lucky enough to have my parents to help me along the way. These other people didn't really have anyone and were basically alone. On top of that some people (possibly bad, the government, or just family and friends because they ran away because they felt like they couldn't trust anyone again) were after them because other people found out about them and how different they are and basically betrayed their trust. Since then they don't trust anyone (and it makes sense because if that happened to me I would probably be the same way) and it took a while for me to make friends with them.

Before I met some of them I had gotten into some trouble but none of it was my fault. Another person (my ex-girlfriend and love of my life) who also has superpowers for some reason shapeshifted into looking exactly like me and did something so horrible in a country that led the government, from that country, after me, take me in to be tried and dealt with in the name of justice.

Hopefully before that happens (of course I am hoping it doesn't) I am going to find her and take her in myself with the help of my sister and best friend. Of course that would prove easier said than done because how was I supposed to find her when she can turn into anyone in the world? I figured I would start with the news and keep an ear/ eye out for terrible things since that would most likely be her.

Honestly, I am still very much in shock and denial about all of it. I truly don't believe she would do something like that to me. When I do find her again I have so many questions for her.

Before I get into that let me tell you a bit about my past and how all of this began.

724 words