Chapter 8 Cassadie's Backstory

By the time morning came my mother came and woke us up. We both woke up groggily because of what happened last night.

My mother chuckled and said, "It's time to get up, girls."

First I sat up and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. Then Cassadie did the same thing.

I saw that my mother smiled. She then put her hand in both of our hair and rubbed our heads. My mother then said, "Go get washed up for breakfast."

When we finished washing up for breakfast we headed downstairs. When we made it downstairs and went to the kitchen table. We sat down for a bit then I saw both my parents come into the kitchen with plates in both their hands. When they put them down in front of us I saw that it was bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast.

After we finished eating breakfast we all went quiet. You could feel the tension in the room. I looked between both of my parents and they were both just looking at each other and not talking as if they were having a silent conversation. They both nodded to each other and my mother spoke in a soft voice, "Now Cassadie. We need you to tell us about your story and why you say you don't have parents."

I saw her sigh and there were tears forming in her eyes as she started her story about her past.

(Cassadie's POV)

At first, I had a fun and loving relationship with my parents. We did a lot of fun things together like going to the park, zoo, mall and other fun places like that. But then all of that changed when I went to the doctor's office when I was around five years old. One of the reasons we went there was because my parents wanted to know why my hair and eyes suddenly changed color. But the main reason was that while we were eating supper I brought my metal fork to my mouth and it just bent down out of nowhere dropping my food back on my plate.

I just stared at my bent fork scared but fascinated at the same time. I remember thinking, 'Did I do that?' I then looked both at my parents and they both just looked terrified. They both had wide eyes and pale faces. They looked at each other with the same expression.

My father just shook his head and said, "That fork must have been old and it just bent out of nowhere. No need to be worried about it."

My mother just nodded her head and said, "Yes dear you are right." She then got up and walked back into the kitchen. She came back with a new fork in hand. "Here you go, sweetie." She said with a smile on her face but with a touch of fear in her eyes.

I smiled, took the fork back, and said, "Thank you. mama."

Nothing else happened besides that time at dinner a couple of weeks ago. However every now and again I can see some light pink color coming in my dark brown hair. I see my eyes slightly changing color also. They were just a dark brown color just like my hair but I see them getting lighter and some kind of other color coming in as well.

One day I was in the park with my parents. I was just sitting on the swings slightly going back and forth when another girl came and just pushed me off of it. She said, "I want to swing now so it's my turn."

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. When I saw her sit down in my seat I saw and heard the metal chains rattle. I remember thinking, 'I wish I could move those chains on the swing to make her fall off so I can go back on it.' Something told me to hold out my hand to where it wanted the chains to move so I did. The next thing I knew the chains moved around a lot and the girl looked so scared. She at first held onto the chains tightly and looked at me with the same scared look. When I saw that and she didn't get off it made me more mad and the chains started to move and make more noise. Eventually, the girl got scared enough to get off and run away. I was happy because I got my seat back. So I went up to it and started swinging again.