Chapter 10 Be Mine?

It has been three months (April 20th) since we met Kylie. Ever since that day, we have become best friends just like Cassadie said. We are currently eight months into high school still Freshmen.

Kylie soon found out that Cassaide was my sister and that's why we were so close. We always have sleepovers and so much fun. We also found out (by accident of course) that Kylie is just like us meaning she has superpowers. They are just like mine... she can teleport.

We found out during a sleepover at our house. During it Cassadie and I made sure not to trigger our powers; we had a couple of close calls though. When that happened I saw that Kylie looked shocked but also relieved at the same time. I wondered why I saw that in her eyes until we found out.

Of course, before we fell asleep I decided to show Kylie my picture book and she was very interested in it. There was this one picture that really seemed to call out to her.

She looked at the picture and said, "What is this place?"

I looked back at the book and read out loud, "It says here that it's called Hokkyoku. It appears in a clear night sky as swirling rivers of greenish-blue light. They move and dance unpredictably; sometimes barely perceptible, then suddenly growing vivid. In simple terms, the auroras can be explained as an interaction of the solar wind and the Earth's magnetic field."

She put her hand on the book and said, "It looks so beautiful

She put her hand on the book and said, "It looks so beautiful."

I looked back at the picture then back at her hand said, "Yes it is."

We all went to sleep and I think Kylie was having a nightmare because she had woken both Cassadie and I while she was tossing and turning all in her sleep; she even had some stray tears falling down her cheeks. I had this uneasy feeling inside me and something told me to grab the picture frame on my nightstand. I grabbed it and clutched it in my arm.

I looked at Cassadie and she furrowed her brow in confusion. I saw her golden yellow eyes grow wide as she understood why I grabbed it. She looked at me with questionable eyes. I shook my head no. Then she looked at Kylie and then back at me. I then nodded my head yes. I grabbed Cassadie's hand and she put her hand on Kylie's shoulder. We closed our eyes and braced ourselves for the teleport.
But little did we know that Kylie was awake the whole time.

When we opened our eyes we saw that we were at the spot we saw in the picture book before we fell asleep.

Cassadie and I couldn't help but look up and just admire the view. It was so breathtaking and beautiful. We were so lost in the view that we barely heard the sniffles behind us. We turned around and saw Kylie sitting up with her knees up to her chest, her arms wrapped around them and her face buried in them. We then noticed she was crying. Cassadie and I looked at each other sadly and walked over to Kylie, sat down beside her, and wrapped her up in a hug.

After her cries turned into small sniffles Cassadie decided to speak, "Why are you crying?"

Another small sob came out and we rubbed her back softly. She then said, "It's my fault we're suddenly here and now you both won't want to be friends with me anymore." She buried her face back inside her arms and started crying in them again.