Chapter 15 New Friend

We are now in mid-February so it has been about a month since Kyile left. I am still very much hurt and heartbroken. I'm still not over it and I don't think I will be soon. Even if we talk and text every day (since then) it's just not the same because we can't call each other girlfriends anymore. That is a very big adjustment for both of us. I lost the love I loved the most, and I learned to live half alive. I love her so much and she's the love of my life.

I am very happy and blessed that I have Cassadie. She has been my rock since everything that happened. I thought so much about leaving the committee and stopping being the student body president. But Cassadie has been talking me into staying. I'm glad she did because it was kinda like a distraction for me. We only have about three months until graduation.

At the moment I was heading to the student council room because we had a meeting to talk about the graduation preparations.

I finally reached the room and opened the door. It was medium sized with a hardwood floor. To the left were a few shelves filled to the brim with cardboard boxes full of paperwork from this year and the years passed. Beside the shelves were a couple of small white nightstands. It also had boxes on top and in front of it. In front of the shelves was a single whiteboard that stood on silver poles with wheels. In the middle of the room was a single long glossy hardwood table. It had four blue plastic folding chairs on each side of it with one at the end of the table. Behind the one chair at the end was a window. One single panel on the left side with eight going down it. On the right side were two window panels with two huge panels at the bottom of them. To the right side of the room were three small tables.

 To the right side of the room were three small tables

When I made it to the room there was only one person. A girl that had red hair. I knew her name was Cersie Milano because I had a few classes with her. She was sitting at the end on the right side. She was just sitting here with her hands in her lap and her head down. I don't think she even noticed I was there. She always had this look of scared and nervousness on her face. She also looked so lonely... like she didn't have any friends. Also it made me nervous and think even more because I noticed she has scars all around her arms and hands. I thought that maybe I could talk to her and possibly be friends with her.

I walked up to her and she didn't move. I put a hand on her shoulder and she tensed up. She looked up at me with wide crystal blue eyes that were full of fear. She quickly said, "Oh president. I'm so sorry I didn't hear you come in."

I let go of her shoulder and put my hands up. I quickly told her, "No I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Please call me Elsie."

She looked at me with a tilted head and asked, "Are you sure about that?"

I smiled and said, "Yes of course."

She slowly nodded her head and said, "Ok then if you are sure."

Just as I was about to ask her a question everyone else in the committee came into the room and talked to one another. I smiled to myself and thought, 'I guess I could ask her after the meeting.'